P1000m5 Windshield replacement glass

BKopp

BKopp

Sep 26, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Who here has cracked their Honda glass windshield for the p1000 and what'd it cost to replace?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: my99svt
my99svt

my99svt

I identify as a lesbian
Lifetime Member
Dec 25, 2016
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
Ownership

1. Talon X

2. Talon R
Who here has cracked their Honda glass windshield for the p1000 and what'd it cost to replace?

I shoved a big branch thru mine at the takeover.
Cost me $200 to replace at a local glass shop. I could have shopped around but they were next door to my work.

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I shoved a big branch thru mine at the takeover.
Cost me $200 to replace at a local glass shop. I could have shopped around but they were next door to my work.

Tim’s story was he was impatient and thought a 10” diameter tree would break off before the windshield broke.. he was wrong. LOL.

my99svt

my99svt

I identify as a lesbian
Lifetime Member
Dec 25, 2016
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
Ownership

1. Talon X

2. Talon R
Tim’s story was he was impatient and thought a 10” diameter tree would break off before the windshield broke.. he was wrong. LOL.

It wasn't quite like that, I thought it would push over the top!

my99svt

my99svt

I identify as a lesbian
Lifetime Member
Dec 25, 2016
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
Ownership

1. Talon X

2. Talon R
It didn't ride back to Oklahoma very well!

Cbd857e3c5c7ebeb499895bcdf5e90a001d3ef8a99ebca35af5fdb1e50f8b023

Reactions: elkguide
BKopp

BKopp

Sep 26, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
There must be a good story...........................

Unfortunately it happened installing a freaking wiper. I put in on the shaft to test the throw and had to remove to adjust. Didn't even have it tight and it wouldn't come off. I put a wedge on the metal frame and used a small automotive pry bar and the Metal frame flexed enough to crack the glass. I couldn't believe it. My buddy that was helping me was more in shock than I was. Evidently the glass and frame is really weak

aprils_fool

aprils_fool

Lifetime Member
Jul 7, 2017
Big Rapids, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Unfortunately it happened installing a freaking wiper. I put in on the shaft to test the throw and had to remove to adjust. Didn't even have it tight and it wouldn't come off. I put a wedge on the metal frame and used a small automotive pry bar and the Metal frame flexed enough to crack the glass. I couldn't believe it. My buddy that was helping me was more in shock than I was. Evidently the glass and frame is really weak

That really sucks!! Tempered glass will hold up to alot of things but localized pressure/stress is not one of them.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3

That's a bummer when it wasn't even fun and it's still expensive!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV

I had local glass shop do mine and it was 117 and I chose tinted at no extra. they have several different shades I tried smoke and bronze but preferred bronze

P

pkcal

Mar 6, 2016
Ohio
Just shattered mine (low hanging vine hit at speed) and local glass shop said they won't do it. Can anyone who's had it done give me more specifics (beyond just a 21" x 49" piece of laminated glass) about what you had done (thickness, any special terminology, etc).

I took mine out of the gasket/frame and can see how a little flex can shatter the glass. I want them to replace it in the frame/gasket so I don't break the new piece installing it in the frame. I can hang it back on the rig without flexing too much I believe. Thanks.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Cracked mine back in the spring and took it to local glass shop a couple weeks ago, it was $135, I need to go pick up this week.

L

LarryAmboy

May 14, 2017
Castalian Springs, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Might try a local equipment/tractor place. They use laminated glass in a lot of equipment.

I just had mine done at a local commercial glass sub that we use. They had the glass to cut, but the owner had to do the install as none of his guys had auto experience. Cost was $200

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!