P1000 Windshield search

JMynes

JMynes

Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2021
Augusta, Maine
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I don't know of any that get in the way of removing your hood.
As I understand it, the bottom gasket on most windshields sits on, and overlaps, the top portion of the hood. Since that part of the hood has to be lifted in order to remove the hood, the windshield (or at least the bottom half of a split windshield) would have to be removed in order to open the hood.
Is that not the case?

Rayger143

Rayger143

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 5, 2020
Winfield, BC Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
As I understand it, the bottom gasket on most windshields sits on, and overlaps, the top portion of the hood. Since that part of the hood has to be lifted in order to remove the hood, the windshield (or at least the bottom half of a split windshield) would have to be removed in order to open the hood.
Is that not the case?
No. I have had the honda half windshield and now the super atv flip. Both of them sealed on the fender assembly behind the hood. I can remove my hood for maintenance etc.

Rayger143

Rayger143

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 5, 2020
Winfield, BC Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Light bar too. Hood still comes off.

6A4637B6 9D58 49D3 865A 3595C3D80D98

StewB

StewB

Jan 2, 2021
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Is that not the case?
I've never had a problem removing the hood.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Thanks for the detailed picture, that’s helpful.
Nice snorkel, too. Is that a kit?
Sorry just seen this.
Forum tip….
hit “reply” to tag the post (above) so the one you asking gets a message that your asking a question lol.
assuming you didn't know that?

No, not a kit. Made it myself Some yrs ago. Another forum member from waaaay back designed this snorkel to help the intake wooos that plagued the 16’s and some 17’s. Still not a bad idea to snorkel Your machine in some way.
Check out my build for a how to. And info on the Honda poly and SATV windshield.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!