P1000 Windshield wobble

Hudge

Hudge

Feb 15, 2016
Farmington N.M.
Hi guys I have a pk1-3 and bought the the Honda flip out windshield hard coat the upper piece wobbles at speed is there a fix for this other than putting something between the two pieces or it it something I'm going to have to deal with

Tot

Tot

Lifetime Member
Dec 14, 2015
Des Arc, Arkansas
Mine does it too. I'm thinking of getting a rubber stopper of some sort and put between it in the middle.

Reactions: Hudge
Deer-hunter

Deer-hunter

Feb 19, 2016
Effie,Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
On my brothers big red his came with a rubber gasket between the 2 but it only helped.

CashMoney

CashMoney

Feb 5, 2016
Reno, NV
www.SRTNV.com
Mine had some kind of gray rubber thing between the too. When I had it adjusted tight onto the rubber I didn't have any rattles with it.

PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
the lower half of the windshield should have a brace in the center that connects it to the dash. I added a spacer (about 1/2" bushing) between the brace and the windshield which pushed the center part of the lower windshield forward some. This was a win win because it straightened the lower windshield (it had a slight bow in the middle from the dealer) and reduced the rattle where the windshields meet.

Reactions: Tot
Stimey58

Stimey58

Lifetime Member
Feb 21, 2016
Columbus, Ohio
I just put mine together this evening. It definitely helps to manipulate it several times beforw cranking it all down. After putzing with it several times i have it well adjusted. It may do u well to tinker with it especially the 2 clamps you put on last and hook to the slider arms. The pitch of that bracket makes a big difference. Admittedly this was harder than it should be an over engineered and so has all of my other oem accessories for my 1000-5. Rear bumper was harder to install than necessary as well.

Reactions: Tot
T

Trizzle

Mar 8, 2016
Florida
I too am having a wobble problem with the two piece poly. I just noticed after riding that the screws that hold the upper piece to the swing arm have fallen out. Reconsidering going back and getting one piece poly hard coat. Does anyone know size of bolt and nut used to secure windshield if I was to go to local hardware store myself and fix it? I live two hours from dealer and a hassle to take it there

CashMoney

CashMoney

Feb 5, 2016
Reno, NV
www.SRTNV.com
I don't think there's a whole lot one can do when its open since there isn't really enough support there to keep it from flopping.

advertisement
nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just push my open about a half inch to an inch. Keeps a little bit of air moving and stops the two from slapping each other.

Reactions: Hudge
Hudge

Hudge

Feb 15, 2016
Farmington N.M.
The movement is in the unsupported up half at the bottom but anything may be possible I really think is going to take a strut or support of some kind

Toyhauler33

Toyhauler33

Lifetime Member
Jan 29, 2016
Mid Ga
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I too am having a wobble problem with the two piece poly. I just noticed after riding that the screws that hold the upper piece to the swing arm have fallen out. Reconsidering going back and getting one piece poly hard coat. Does anyone know size of bolt and nut used to secure windshield if I was to go to local hardware store myself and fix it? I live two hours from dealer and a hassle to take it there
It is M6-1.00x30 socket HD cap screw(2 per pack) and M6-1.00 nylon lock nuts (4 per pack) from Home Depot. Mine started backing out shortly after the first ride

Reactions: Rbol121
T

Trizzle

Mar 8, 2016
Florida
It is M6-1.00x30 socket HD cap screw(2 per pack) and M6-1.00 nylon lock nuts (4 per pack) from Home Depot. Mine started backing out shortly after the first ride
Thanks for reply. I was able to download install instructions and locate bolt and nylock size. Used a 6x40 mm bolt to thread through the nylock nut to help with it coming back out.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!