BOX1

P1000 Windshield

P

peterjack

Jul 20, 2017
United States
Ownership

1. 500
I have been looking at windshields for my 1000 and could use some feedback. I like the durability of glass while wanting one that opens. SuperATV has flip up windshields for the 700 and 500 but not the 1000 yet. I see that they have recently added a solid full windshield for the 1000 so hopefully the flip up is coming soon. Has anybody used their flip out windshields? Has anybody considered making a glass version of the flip up?

Reactions: sharp
J

JTW

I have been looking at windshields for my 1000 and could use some feedback. I like the durability of glass while wanting one that opens. SuperATV has flip up windshields for the 700 and 500 but not the 1000 yet. I see that they have recently added a solid full windshield for the 1000 so hopefully the flip up is coming soon. Has anybody used their flip out windshields? Has anybody considered making a glass version of the flip up?

@Amre2me2 and I are the only ones that have them.. they're sthuper secret and you have to "donate" two left testicles and a Chinese midget to get one.
IMG 4618 IMG 4619

adnoh

adnoh

Lifetime Member
Dec 18, 2013
I have the super atv flip up so i am pretty sure they make them for the 1000. Its not glass though

Reactions: JTW
Comeaux

Comeaux

Aug 12, 2017
Eunice,La
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I recently purchased a windshield from armor tech. I love it. Its real glass and very easy to install. it flips down and sits on hood and comes with straps to hold it while riding with windshield down. And fits extremely well agains't the hood without leaving any gap. I have no complaints about this windshield yet, ill add pic as soon as I take them

Last edited:
Comeaux

Comeaux

Aug 12, 2017
Eunice,La
Ownership

1. 1000-5
IMG 1039
IMG 1040
IMG 1039
I recently purchased a windshield from armor tech. I love it. Its real glass and very easy to install. it flips down and sits on hood and comes with straps to hold it while riding with windshield down. And fits extremely well agains't the hood without leaving any gap. I have no complaints about this windshield yet, ill add pic as soon as I take them

txsurfer

txsurfer

Sep 2, 2016
Santa Fe , TX
Ownership

1. 1000-5
One nice thing about a flip up you can do it while driving. We found this extremely handy while in CO this summer. We were constanstly opening and closing it depending on rain showers and temp diffs at altitude. Very handy - the vent setting is also a very nice feature..

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
No one makes a glass flip up windshield, yet. Not sure why you say Super ATV doesn't make a flip up for the 1000, dozens of us have them on our machines.

Honda Pioneer 1000 Scratch Resistant Flip Windshield

Yes there is a company that makes a glass tip out windshield in an aluminum frame, can even use windshield wipers if desired. Made by Alumalite Armor

Compare

Tip-out windshield Includes DOT certified safety glass which locks down water and air tight when closed or can be tipped out in two positions of 2" or 4" to allow for air flow. The glass frame can also be removed easily and quickly when you don't want a windshield by removing the 2 hinge bolts and unlatching the latches. The strong, light weight aluminum frame mounts securely to the roll cage in minutes with roll bar clamps and seals tightly to the hood and roll cage so you have no rattles and leaks along the hood. Made from 3/32 aluminum with stylish re-enforcing bends that makes it extremely rigid. Corners and transitions are welded so there are no exposed seams. Exposed edges have vinyl edge protectors. All parts are powder coated with a flat black finish that matches roll cage. The tip out laminated DOT certified safety glass windshield won’t scratch like plexi- glass and provides a clear view for many years.

$790.00

Reactions: ODAMO and Landman
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!