P1000 Windshield ?

WV1000-5

WV1000-5

Jun 1, 2020
West Virginia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just pick up a left over 2019 Pioneer 1000-5 and need to order a roof and windshield for this coming winter. I’m pretty sure I’ll go with the SuperATV tinted roof (kids and wife like the idea) but not sure of what windshield. We mostly ride on logging roads, gravel back roads and wooded trails. I also will be trailering the Honda a lot. So far I like the idea of the Seizmik VersaVent. Any experience with either of these products would be appreciated!

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Any pros or cons when it comes to SuperATV flip up vs their fold down windshield?
The SATV is the best of both worlds, it doesn’t get any better.

CMB

CMB

Lifetime Member
Nov 10, 2019
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X LV
SATV windshield is out of stock

T

Tommy1214

Sep 16, 2019
Marshall tx
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I agree its worth the wait mine had to be replaced due to cracking but it was due to poor install by my dealer. I find that most limbs that I hit don't even scratch it, my wife's cousin has a honda one and its scratched up pretty bad.

advertisement

8ball929

May 31, 2020
Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I put Versa vents in the frame of my glass windshield. FWIW they work really well.

ElmerFudd

ElmerFudd

Jul 19, 2015
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I have the SATV flip up. Well made but does not seal well around the edges. Not a big deal in summer but in winter months very cold. Rattles alot too.

SuperATV

SuperATV

Vendor
Dec 5, 2013
Madison, IN
www.superatv.com
Hoping to have some ready by the end of the week or early next week...hopefully.

200.gif

tincangob

tincangob

Nov 30, 2017
Central Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I put Versa vents in the frame of my glass windshield. FWIW they work really well.
I have a Honda glass windshield on my P1000-3 and the lack of air circulation creates a major heat problem in the cab. What are these Versa vents that you mentioned? I'd give my kingdom for some air. The solid glass windshield was a mistake on my part for sure. I remove the doors in the summer just to get rid of some of the heat, and without that it is unbearable.

I just looked up the Versa vents and see it's for poly windshields, could it be used on a glass windshield? I know a guy the owns a glass window supply shop, and maybe he would help with some cutting if that would be practical. Has anyone tried to installed them on glass? Thanks

Last edited:
russknight

russknight

Lifetime Member
Apr 13, 2019
Perry Florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
IMO, the biggest drawback to the SATV flip, is it doesn't seal against the underside of the roof, which allows water to pour in when moving forward in rain. Other than that, it's great.

tincangob

tincangob

Nov 30, 2017
Central Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-3
What brand name of glass windshield did you modify? What did you use to cut the metal framing? My Honda frame seems like it would be very difficult to work with, but I will take some measurements and give it a hard look to see if I have the skills necessary to install the Versa vents on my machine. Thanks for the tip.

D

DDDonkey

Any pros or cons when it comes to SuperATV flip up vs their fold down windshield?

Fold down one sucks, I have it and regret it, just too cheap to buy the flip up one.

1- It will not fold down with the OEM roof. (I called SATV on this and they knew of the problem but forgot to disclose it)
2 - When folded down it will rub the hood and leave a mark (line) across the plastics.
3 - If you unbolt the top half and use it as a half windshield, it whistles in the wind.

Get the flip up one, wait if needed, run from the fold down one.

Reactions: TripleB

8ball929

May 31, 2020
Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What brand name of glass windshield did you modify? What did you use to cut the metal framing? My Honda frame seems like it would be very difficult to work with, but I will take some measurements and give it a hard look to see if I have the skills necessary to install the Versa vents on my machine. Thanks for the tip.

bwetzel

bwetzel

Nov 10, 2018
Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I installed versa vents on my honda one piece poly windshield. adds a little breeze but not as much as I was hoping (zero improvement for reducing dust).

I do think if I did it again I’d bring the vents in toward the center of windshield a bit more - it seems like the draft goes out the door/window more than on passengers. If I could buy just one I’d add it directly in center and I think that would help some.

But after all the screwing around cutting holes in my windshield I just bought the SATV flip...

Reactions: JenElio and TripleB
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!