P1000 Kolpin glass windshield mod

8ball929

May 31, 2020
Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just thought I'd share for anyone looking to add vents to their kolpin glass windshield. I had been looking at Seizmik Versa-Vents. Wasn't sure if they would work with the kolpin because of space between the glass and the bend in the metal frame. Well I got mine in and happy to say I was able to make them work. Air flow in the cab is 10x better then the stock vents. Night and day difference.

20200607 215306 20200607 215338

SteveinUT

SteveinUT

Sep 12, 2017
Southern Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Man, that looks nice! Is it enough flow to keep the dust down? I have a Tusk frull glass windshield but I pulled it off for the summer because of all the dust that flows into the interior/cab with it installed. I think your mod would work with my Tusk, but I just don't know how well it would do on keeping the dust from flowing around the windshield and into the cab.

Reactions: Biteme and BWAF

8ball929

May 31, 2020
Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Man, that looks nice! Is it enough flow to keep the dust down? I have a Tusk frull glass windshield but I pulled it off for the summer because of all the dust that flows into the interior/cab with it installed. I think your mod would work with my Tusk, but I just don't know how well it would do on keeping the dust from flowing around the windshield and into the cab.

I'm sure it's going to help with dust and the negative cab pressure. I don't really know how much yet. My trails around the house are in the woods and down by a creek. Not really dusty here right now. Heck it was slick and muddy just a few days ago. Guys that have full lexan windows with the vents seem to like them. I just couldn't find any posts with them installed in a glass windshield.

On my last couple sxs a back window made the biggest difference with dust coming In. But on a honda 5 it would just be in my way.

L

LarryAmboy

May 14, 2017
Castalian Springs, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Could you get the dimensions? I have the Honda glass and want to see if they would fit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Biteme

8ball929

May 31, 2020
Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Could you get the dimensions? I have the Honda glass and want to see if they would fit.

On the kolpin there is 3" between the rubber gasket and where the bend is. So the cut out for the vent actually goes past the bend a little. I would say 3" is the bare min you can get by with. I didn't use the two bottom screws for the vent inner frame because of the bend. Infact I trimmed the tabs off the vet for them and this allowed the vent to lay flat and fit tight up against the windshield frame.

20200608 092622 20200608 092812

L

LarryAmboy

May 14, 2017
Castalian Springs, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
On the kolpin there is 3" between the rubber gasket and where the bend is. So the cut out for the vent actually goes past the bend a little. I would say 3" is the bare min you can get by with. I didn't use the two bottom screws for the vent inner frame because of the bend. Infact I trimmed the tabs off the vet for them and this allowed the vent to lay flat and fit tight up against the windshield frame.

View attachment 206810 View attachment 206811

Thank you. I’ll have to measure mine and see it will work.

A

ArcticSledder

Jun 17, 2020
Loretto, Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Hi 8ball929, I am considering the glass Kolpin windshield on my 1PK3 but was not sure if the fit and finish is good compared to others and the Honda OEM glass. Why did you choose the Kolpin and would you do it again? Why glass over hard coat poly? Thanks in advance.

8ball929

May 31, 2020
Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hi 8ball929, I am considering the glass Kolpin windshield on my 1PK3 but was not sure if the fit and finish is good compared to others and the Honda OEM glass. Why did you choose the Kolpin and would you do it again? Why glass over hard coat poly? Thanks in advance.

Honestly I went with kolphin because of my dealer. I could get either the plastic roof or the metal kolphin for the same price. I wanted metal and they actually stocked the kolphin windshield which they gave me a discount on. I do like it. I actually liked the factory honda one a little better before, just cause the glass is bigger. But I wasn't thinking about ventilation. Kolphin had smaller glass cause of the vents. It was a good thing because it allowed me the room to install the versa vents which move way more air then the factory kolphin vents did.

This is my 4th sxs. I've had lexan on the other three. They ALWAY end up scratched sooner or later. Tree limbs mud, ect. You also have to be very careful cleaning them on the trail. Water and a silicone squeegee is what me and my friends all carry. I've wanted to try a glass one for a while. My last two had custom cages so it wasn't really an option with out a lot of hassle. This time I just started with glass. If I make a new cage I'll just make sure to build it to fit the glass windshield. So no lowering the cage.

PatioDaddyo58

PatioDaddyo58

Supporting Member
Nov 6, 2019
Abilene, TX
Ownership

1. 700-2
Just thought I'd share for anyone looking to add vents to their kolpin glass windshield. I had been looking at Seizmik Versa-Vents. Wasn't sure if they would work with the kolpin because of space between the glass and the bend in the metal frame. Well I got mine in and happy to say I was able to make them work. Air flow in the cab is 10x better then the stock vents. Night and day difference.

View attachment 206778 View attachment 206788
That is sweet! I may have to go that route. This is what I've been running since last October (Kolpin half windshield and shooting rail):
20200611 135744

Elvis8310

Elvis8310

Jan 2, 2021
Edmond, Oklahoma
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Honestly I went with kolphin because of my dealer. I could get either the plastic roof or the metal kolphin for the same price. I wanted metal and they actually stocked the kolphin windshield which they gave me a discount on. I do like it. I actually liked the factory honda one a little better before, just cause the glass is bigger. But I wasn't thinking about ventilation. Kolphin had smaller glass cause of the vents. It was a good thing because it allowed me the room to install the versa vents which move way more air then the factory kolphin vents did.

This is my 4th sxs. I've had lexan on the other three. They ALWAY end up scratched sooner or later. Tree limbs mud, ect. You also have to be very careful cleaning them on the trail. Water and a silicone squeegee is what me and my friends all carry. I've wanted to try a glass one for a while. My last two had custom cages so it wasn't really an option with out a lot of hassle. This time I just started with glass. If I make a new cage I'll just make sure to build it to fit the glass windshield. So no lowering the cage.
Will this windshield work with Honda factory top? I need DOT glass to finish my street legal build for Oklahoma plates.

advertisement
SILVER_ALERT

SILVER_ALERT

HONDA SXS Club Flounder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 6, 2016
Route 66 Oklahoma
Ownership

1. 500
Will this windshield work with Honda factory top? I need DOT glass to finish my street legal build for Oklahoma plates.

Hey Elvis! Don't mean to butt in on the conversation, but I noticed you are from Edmond. Just wanted to say howdy to a neighbor. I live on the west side of Edmond, a few blocks from Edmond Rd. and N. Santa Fe. Welcome to the forum.

Reactions: Russ989
Elvis8310

Elvis8310

Jan 2, 2021
Edmond, Oklahoma
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey Elvis! Don't mean to butt in on the conversation, but I noticed you are from Edmond. Just wanted to say howdy to a neighbor. I live on the west side of Edmond, a few blocks from Edmond Rd. and N. Santa Fe. Welcome to the forum.
I live out by lazy-e( real name is frank paradise). Hit me up sometime after 12 Feb(hitting Colorado for 5 weeks).

Reactions: SILVER_ALERT
SILVER_ALERT

SILVER_ALERT

HONDA SXS Club Flounder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 6, 2016
Route 66 Oklahoma
Ownership

1. 500
I live out by lazy-e( real name is frank paradise). Hit me up sometime after 12 Feb(hitting Colorado for 5 weeks).

Have fun In Colorado, it's my favorite state to play in. I am more of a summertime visitor though. Name here is Mike Moore.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!