P1000 Windshields

rabbstyx

rabbstyx

May 3, 2016
Pennsylvania
Great site guys and gals! Glad to become a part of it. Looking forward to a beautiful relationship!
Picking up a p1k5 on thursday with only a roof. I had the glass windshield ordered and canceled it with worries that I would smash it sooner then later. I have searched this forum for hard coat options. I have not seen anyone that has compared a factory vs an aftermarket in fit/finish/functionality. I am looking for a full windshield as 90% of the time this will be used is from November to February in Pennsylvania. I really don't care to spend over $500 for factory if there is a lower cost aftermarket piece that does the job just as well.
Other items on list would be skid plate and fabric all around. I have hard doors for my 700 ranger and have only used them a handful of times in the last 4 years.
Anyone make a fabric mid section that can roll up for when you have passengers? My buddy has the P74 and he has a hard mid section and it makes you feel ostracized from the front passengers when cruising around during hunting season.
Thanks for looking and appreciate any response you folks might have.
Cheers
Matt

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Go glass. It's so hard to deal with plastic. Call around to the different dealers they get them in with broken glass a lot because of packaging and you can get it for 300 off. Its safety glass and is still ok broken. Shops charge around 140 replacement. Do it later. Honda is better. Factory mid from Honda is pretty reasonable zips totally out of the way when not in use same with rear. Nothing for the sides that I'm aware of other then Honda and they work ok but try to wait if possible for aftermarket be cheaper. And by the way welcome and enjoy that new machine!!!

Last edited:
CashMoney

CashMoney

Feb 5, 2016
Reno, NV
www.SRTNV.com
If I was going to leave it on most of the year I would go with the factory glass too. I added the windshield wiper to mine and have used it always ever trip so far from mud puddles. I know that'll change when summer rolls around but just not having to worry about scratch it has been great.
Super atv has a full flip out shield that would be my next choice.

rabbstyx

rabbstyx

May 3, 2016
Pennsylvania
I just know I have had my ranger on its side several times and was worried about breaking the glass. If there was ever stuff in front of the machine, i would just drive right through it. I think glass is the way to go, I will just have to change my habits a bit and find a nice spot to keep a saw handy. lol
Appreciate the input.
On the glass replacement, is that something you buy right from honda or take it to your local glass shop? Its not if, its when i break it. I was thinking you would have to buy the entire $6xx windshield again. Thanks for the heads up on that!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Local glass shop. It's laminated but it's still flat glass not too big a deal at all.Definitely cheaper to replace then plexi when it gets all scratched up!!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Seriously though call around a little those are coming in a lot broken and Honda doesn't want to deal with it they sell them at cost that way it's how I got mine been driving it all winter broken. It's now out for the summer so before I put it back in I'll replace the glass. I'll only in my windshield 280 and got the use it for 6 months and it'll be 6 more months now before I need to spend only another 140. That's only 420. We all have to save where we can:) side note we flipped our 700 very very hard like bad video hard and windshield was fine

N

Nightcrawler

Apr 23, 2016
Portland, OR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If I was going to leave it on most of the year I would go with the factory glass too. I added the windshield wiper to mine and have used it always ever trip so far from mud puddles. I know that'll change when summer rolls around but just not having to worry about scratch it has been great.
Super atv has a full flip out shield that would be my next choice.

Does anyone have one of these? I was looking at them, but was wondering if the shocks that hold the window in the up position were strong enough to keep it open under rough conditions? If I were to buy a hard coat window, I would definitely look at adding a clear type "tint film" so it could be switched out when it got scratched up.

golden

golden

Feb 5, 2018
Saratoga Springs
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Love My Windshield
Image1

P

plenn

Jun 1, 2018
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Anyone looking for a nice used windshield? Honda OEM hard coated split windshield used a couple times. It was purchased in Feb. and the machine has been about 100 miles driven. Has originally going to go with the OEM roof, but now doing something different and the OEM doesn't match as well. Would consider any reasonable offer.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!