P1000 School me on windshields

P

PineTree

Sep 9, 2015
Andover, IL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Also, I've thought about taking a full windshield and putting 1 or 2 slides in the bottom of it. Then you could adjust and control the amount of air that comes in. Has anyone done anything like this? I think it would be a nice feature!!

W

Westtnpioneer

Edjumacated
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 21, 2013
West Tennessee
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Just did some reading on this to see if it is possible to hard coat Lexan. It appears it has a coating on it called Margard. A sheet of this stuff is very expensive so now I can see why the cost of the Honda shield is so expensive.

golden

golden

Feb 5, 2018
Saratoga Springs
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Go Glass, Mine has a flap on the bottom that will open and close for ventilation. Love it
Image1

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Go Glass, Mine has a flap on the bottom that will open and close for ventilation. Love itView attachment 65276
Do you ride in deep woods? I really like the idea of a full windshield, but I'm afraid I would break it quickly in the woods.

golden

golden

Feb 5, 2018
Saratoga Springs
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I ride all over, rocks, trails, you name it. The glass is 1/4 inch laminated safety glass, Same glass thats in you car. So far its been great. It has duel flaps on the bottom that will open and close on the drivers side, great for ventilation .

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I ride all over, rocks, trails, you name it. The glass is 1/4 inch laminated safety glass, Same glass thats in you car. So far its been great. It has duel flaps on the bottom that will open and close on the drivers side, great for ventilation .
OW crap, I thought I was through spending money, HA!

G

graybear

Nov 20, 2013
East Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It looks like the flaps on the Kolpin are too small to offer enough air to prevent dust from boiling in. I had the one like Golden does on a couple of rzrs. I added vents along the top of the windshield and had good results getting enough air in to prevent dust suction.

advertisement
T

TrailBlazer1000

Sep 7, 2019
Freeland, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My SuperATV split has been excellent.
Just dont wipe it dry and only clean it with dish soapy water.
JMO.
The SuperATV split windshield was my second option. I just really hate to have it get scratched. For only $100 more I can have a glass windshield and can install a wiper on it if I wanted. Have you had rocks and branches hit your windshield without any scratches?

M

Mollyman

Sep 27, 2019
Hawaii
Ownership

1. Talon R
I plan on having a top and back panel, which will help cut down on the dust intake. Has anyone sealed the bottom of the doors up better? Would this help with dust intake?
You might not have to worry about dust as much, however I just came from owning a Wildcat X and you cannot believe how much heat your engine will add to the interior with no airflow in the cab. Have you considered a half windshield or is that not a possibility?

Dirtstiffs-1000

Dirtstiffs-1000

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Nov 3, 2018
Republican from the wet side of Oregonifornia
hondasxs.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The SuperATV split windshield was my second option. I just really hate to have it get scratched. For only $100 more I can have a glass windshield and can install a wiper on it if I wanted. Have you had rocks and branches hit your windshield without any scratches?

Yes,
Incredibly resistant.
My youngest learning how to drive son, bounced it off every tree and branch two weeks ago. I was quiet, supportive and sure we'd ruined it.
Cleaned up like new.

Reactions: TrailBlazer1000

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!