P1000 2017 Wiper motor on a 2023

CJQuig

CJQuig

Lifetime Member
Nov 21, 2023
St Johns, Nl, Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-3
will the electrical connections match the 2023? It’s a new machine, not fuse box installed, yet…

IMG 3252 IMG 3253

Reactions: JenElio and TxDoc
CJQuig

CJQuig

Lifetime Member
Nov 21, 2023
St Johns, Nl, Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-3
What type of fuse box, oem or aftermarket?
I don't have the fuse box yet, trying to confirm all I need before spending more cash... I would be lost without the support from this group, Ill probably go with the OEM, I hopefully won't make any mistakes...

Reactions: ChadD
NorthernJoe

NorthernJoe

Feb 10, 2021
Northern Ontario
Ownership

1. 1000-5
will the electrical connections match the 2023? It’s a new machine, not fuse box installed, yet…

View attachment 411573 View attachment 411574
I have a '22 trail, I just went out and looked I have that same plug on my wiper motor. You should have a harness that fits that white plug and goes down to the Honda accessory fuse block

This is what it looks like on the fuse block The additional black and red wires go to the washer pump
IMG 9966

CJQuig

CJQuig

Lifetime Member
Nov 21, 2023
St Johns, Nl, Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I have a '22 trail, I just went out and looked I have that same plug on my wiper motor. You should have a harness that fits that white plug and goes down to the Honda accessory fuse block

This is what it looks like on the fuse block The additional black and red wires go to the washer pump
View attachment 411604
ok then, you guys are great. I'll save this for later and fill you in when it gets done.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
I don't have that white connector. But I can source it with a few more pics.

As for wiring it ip. I'm still trying to figure it out. It's hard without having the motor in hand. Lol.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

NorthernJoe

NorthernJoe

Feb 10, 2021
Northern Ontario
Ownership

1. 1000-5

As for wiring it ip. I'm still trying to figure it out. It's hard without having the motor in hand. Lol.

Richard,
How can I help you with that?

NorthernJoe

NorthernJoe

Feb 10, 2021
Northern Ontario
Ownership

1. 1000-5

I just went out to confirm the wiring on the white wiper motor connector. Here is what I found,

Black = ground
Red = +12 volt on from relay
Yellow = key-on power to the park enable contact
Green = +12 volt when the wiper is not in the home position, connected to the relay coil to keep the motor running
until it reaches the home position.

If you are building your own wiper control circuit, don't forget to add a 1N4007 diode to keep the contacts from frying

I hope this helps

Joe

Reactions: ChadD and Remington
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
I just went out to confirm the wiring on the white wiper motor connector. Here is what I found,

Black = ground
Green = +12 volt when the wiper is not in the home position, connected to the relay coil to keep the motor running

If you are building your own wiper control circuit, don't forget to add a 1N4007 diode to keep the contacts from frying

I hope this helps

Joe
I think this is what I needed to figure out.
Thanks.

D

dweber23tr

May 21, 2023
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
the diagram that Ohanacreek drew shows a switched ground? were they wired that way in 2017
I can't say for sure but in my post there is another post referenced that was created in 2016 so I would be inclined to think so

NorthernJoe

NorthernJoe

Feb 10, 2021
Northern Ontario
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Black = ground

I hope this helps

Joe
IMG 0042 2

EDIT I missed the black wire from the wiper motor to ground

This is how my wiper motor is wired I did not trace how Honda wired the washer motor If you are building your own control you could power the washer switch from the output of the wiper circuit or power both the wiper and washer with the washer switch I have read that you should add a diode but not sure where it should go

Last edited:
CJQuig

CJQuig

Lifetime Member
Nov 21, 2023
St Johns, Nl, Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I don't have the fuse box yet, trying to confirm all I need before spending more cash... I would be lost without the support from this group, Ill probably go with the OEM, I hopefully won't make any mistakes...
Just ordered fuse box, mount, and wiring from Honda.

CJQuig

CJQuig

Lifetime Member
Nov 21, 2023
St Johns, Nl, Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-3

IMG 3266 IMG 3264 IMG 3263

CJQuig

CJQuig

Lifetime Member
Nov 21, 2023
St Johns, Nl, Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-3
View attachment 411726
EDIT I missed the black wire from the wiper motor to ground

This is how my wiper motor is wired I did not trace how Honda wired the washer motor If you are building your own control you could power the washer switch from the output of the wiper circuit or power both the wiper and washer with the washer switch I have read that you should add a diode but not sure where it should go
I’m just aiming for the wiper. No washer.

Reactions: Smitty335
CJQuig

CJQuig

Lifetime Member
Nov 21, 2023
St Johns, Nl, Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Ok, I think I found what I require. I purchased the window and the wiper that was in the first post. The wiper kit contains a wire harness that I did not get from original own, but have reached out...
IMG 3271
IMG 3270

NorthernJoe

NorthernJoe

Feb 10, 2021
Northern Ontario
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ok, I think I found what I require. I purchased the window and the wiper that was in the first post. The wiper kit contains a wire harness that I did not get from original own, but have reached out...
View attachment 411790View attachment 411791
That harness will connect to the wiper motor, but will not plug into the 2022 and newer Honda accessory fuse box HondaSxS can make you a pigtail for the fuse box end

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!