P1000 Winters coming what plow set up to buy

quickfish

quickfish

Sep 14, 2016
Kent, WA
Ownership

1. 1000-3
So need to get a plow for my 1000-3 just curious what people have gone with, leaning towards the tusk 72” at Rocky Mountain atv

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
When it snows here it sticks around maybe 20 hours and always 60 degrees by the next day.

But let's create a list of recomendations as plows are always a popular topic.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Reactions: BWAF
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
When it snows here it sticks around maybe 20 hours and always 60 degrees by the next day.

But let's create a list of recomendations as plows are always a popular topic.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Yea right! You trying to freak me out about climate change? :p

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
@Smitty335 you never seen winter in North Carolina?

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
@Smitty335 you never seen winter in North Carolina?
No, been over a pass in Montana on a solid sheet of ice and drove back to Arkansas in a snow storm from there, what I thought was funny was, the flashing warning signs telling you not to use cruse control, dugh! We have a little snow here, usually 3 to 4 inches, a few years ago we had a 24 incher, thats the year I learned to store my blade in the shop!

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@quickfish
Is this the one you have in mind?
--> Tusk SubZero Snow Plow Kit, Winch Equipped UTV, 72

That is the plow I am currently running.
I grabbed it last year for $500 shipped. I have no complaints with the amount of snow it pushes or stacks.
I did remove the mount for the summer to install my skid plates.
The mount interfered with my KFI winch mount, I cut a few tabs off the plow mount. It is still held in place by 6 fasteners.
My synthetic rope did break a few times over the winter and left a bit of a groove in my fairlead. I ended up just cutting off the broken section of rope and tying off on the lift pin, I did that 3 or 4 times over the season, at the end of season, I re-tied the hook back into place. I plan to run it again this winter. At the end of season I will just swap on a new synthetic rope. I have a few spares.

I did buy a light duty 20' tow strap that I planned on cutting in half and threading onto the winch to save the rope. I will see what this season looks like.

Reactions: Smitty335

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!