P1000 Wireless winch remote wiring

J

JTW

No problem... I had the same issue with mine. Simple once you get your head wrapped around how things work. Can be a PITA until you do!

My super winch has the same solenoid wire only it's black jumping off the post. I would assume it's just the wired remote ground within the solenoid.. no more graound than it needs to work it's probably grounding off something inside the solenoid or the mounting hardware. I dunno..

AlR

AlR

Nov 14, 2016
Nanaimo, British Columbia
Ownership

1. 500
Hey guys
I installed the wireless remote yesterday. It looks like the other amazon links but doesn’t have ‘Carchet’ embossed on it. I noticed a 1/2 second delay on the solenoid when using the wireless remote. So if you tap ‘in’ or ‘out’, the line runs about 6”. No way to tap and get just an inch of winch travel. That a not a huge deal when you’re 40 feet out but if you’re snuggling the snap hook against the fairlead you have to be real careful so as not to pull it in too tight. I have a superwinch 3500 and actually bent the fairlead back abit! I noticed similar comments on the Amazon site.
FYI. Al

Reactions: Delton
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I also noticed that random interference will cause it to trigger a short in or out use.

So I switched the connection between the remote and the winch to prevent possible damage.

Reactions: JTW and AlR
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey guys
I installed the wireless remote yesterday. It looks like the other amazon links but doesn’t have ‘Carchet’ embossed on it. I noticed a 1/2 second delay on the solenoid when using the wireless remote. So if you tap ‘in’ or ‘out’, the line runs about 6”. No way to tap and get just an inch of winch travel. That a not a huge deal when you’re 40 feet out but if you’re snuggling the snap hook against the fairlead you have to be real careful so as not to pull it in too tight. I have a superwinch 3500 and actually bent the fairlead back abit! I noticed similar comments on the Amazon site.
FYI. Al
Yeah that takes some getting used to. Even with the delay I still prefer it over a cord any day.

Reactions: JTW and ohanacreek
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So it wasn’t just me imagining that!

Not sure what was causing it.

4cba1f2fc3ba4f9bc069893d70f84743

Just rewired to fix this perm(and do a couple other things) and added the front/rear switch. I had a temp on/off for just the remote.

The in/out switch and the remote feed the common on the front/rear switch, which is a DPDT ON/OFF/ON switch and then it feeds the respective winch.

In the off position nothing from in/out or remote gets to either contactor.

Reactions: JTW
AlR

AlR

Nov 14, 2016
Nanaimo, British Columbia
Ownership

1. 500
I added a switch to interupt the power to the wireless remote relay. I like having a wireless remote but I don't want to run the risk of it randomly winching 'in'. I'll be using the wireless remote this weekend. Using the rig's winch to lower a gas powered trencher down a 25 degree slope.

Reactions: JTW
Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I had problems with this product as well! The small remote that goes on the key ring got wet while riding and unwound my winch! I saw the power usage on my gauges and didn’t figure it out for a while! And another time the larger remote has proved itself to be junk! I needed it the other day and it worked fine as I started rigging and winching and the it quit working! It would let line out , but wouldn’t wind it in afterward! And because I had the water problem with the small remote I had left it in my tool box! Haven’t had a chance to figure out what happened to it yet and worked up to that point just rewinding cable onto the spool! I will report back when I figure it out!

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I had problems with this product as well! The small remote that goes on the key ring got wet while riding and unwound my winch! I saw the power usage on my gauges and didn’t figure it out for a while! And another time the larger remote has proved itself to be junk! I needed it the other day and it worked fine as I started rigging and winching and the it quit working! It would let line out , but wouldn’t wind it in afterward! And because I had the water problem with the small remote I had left it in my tool box! Haven’t had a chance to figure out what happened to it yet and worked up to that point just rewinding cable onto the spool! I will report back when I figure it out!

Make sure you waterproof the receiver unit. I siliconed every seam and around the wires.

931cbbca7ce981dce12dc7ce58a14140

All of the knockoff electrical products you find on amazon should be waterproofed. They aren’t the same quality as a Rigid, but for this application you just don’t need a Rigid(name Brand)

Reactions: JTW and Eltobgi
Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Make sure you waterproof the receiver unit. I siliconed every seam and around the wires.

View attachment 56995

All of the knockoff electrical products you find on amazon should be waterproofed. They aren’t the same quality as a Rigid, but for this application you just don’t need a Rigid(name Brand)
Thanks! I am betting my problem lies within the large remote with the on/off switch! The light would come on for reverse/out but not for for forward/in! Was wishing I brought the smaller remote as a backup in a ziplock bag, lol

Reactions: JTW and ohanacreek
G

grizzly660fan

Jul 17, 2017
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
K I have the Warn Winch that was installed by the dealer and I know the 2017 are prewired for winch.

What does this mean prewired? I have a 2017 1000-5 Deluxe Camo unit and just ordered a SuperWinch that hasn't arrived yet. I am interested in more details about this prewired comment. Any help you can offer will be appreciated!!

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What does this mean prewired? I have a 2017 1000-5 Deluxe Camo unit and just ordered a SuperWinch that hasn't arrived yet. I am interested in more details about this prewired comment. Any help you can offer will be appreciated!!

The winch power wires are already run. Still have to run control wire

G

grizzly660fan

Jul 17, 2017
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The winch power wires are already run. Still have to run control wire

So are you saying my 1000-5 already has the heavy gauge wire from the bumper to the battery in place?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!