Dragon21

Dragon21

In my defense, I was left unsupervised
Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I think I've figured it out but since I'm it home I wanted to ask. I went to wire the remote the way it shows on the diagram to each pole on top of the solenoid. No luck. I'm thinking now the blue and white wire need to go to the input from the supplied winch switch to the solenoid (which is on the front not the top). And the red and black go to power and ground?

12V 12 Volt Wireless Remote Control Kit for Truck Jeep ATV Winch Amazon.com: 12V 12 Volt Wireless Remote Control Kit for Truck Jeep ATV Winch: Automotive

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You have the infamous Carchet brand. Several known cases of failures. Send it back and try another one. Or buy a Qiorange like mine. They look identical but no issues in over a year of use. Btw, the blue is an antenna. Don't connect it to anything.

J

JTW

I think I've figured it out but since I'm it home I wanted to ask. I went to wire the remote the way it shows on the diagram to each pole on top of the solenoid. No luck. I'm thinking now the blue and white wire need to go to the input from the supplied winch switch to the solenoid (which is on the front not the top). And the red and black go to power and ground?

12V 12 Volt Wireless Remote Control Kit for Truck Jeep ATV Winch Amazon.com: 12V 12 Volt Wireless Remote Control Kit for Truck Jeep ATV Winch: Automotive
That's correct.. I did the same thing and it wouldn't work. Then I switched to the small remote wires and it worked like a charm with the second wireless winch remote.. my first one would click but not engage the winch.

Dragon21

Dragon21

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
That's correct.. I did the same thing and it wouldn't work. Then I switched to the small remote wires and it worked like a charm with the second wireless winch remote.. my first one would click but not engage the winch.
Yep. Sending this one back. And getting a different one

Reactions: JTW
Dragon21

Dragon21

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
You have the infamous Carchet brand. Several known cases of failures. Send it back and try another one. Or buy a Qiorange like mine. They look identical but no issues in over a year of use. Btw, the blue is an antenna. Don't connect it to anything.

Did you get the one with the red remote? Not as much of a fan of the little key fob remote

Reactions: Delton
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Did you get the one with the red remote? Not as much of a fan of the little key fob remote
No I got a black one plus the key fob remote.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
No I got a black one plus the key fob remote.
IMG 20170619 143558597 751x1335

J

Jshell3

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
found the one you got. Only had amazon warehouse deal on it.
They are probably the exact same controller lol. I may have just gotten lucky and got a good one first try. Local Tractor Supply Store sells wireless remotes too. No idea of quality though.

Reactions: Dragon21
utvmi

utvmi

Lifetime Member
Jun 1, 2017
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So I have the warn winch that was dealer installed, Then green and black are my in & out what did you do with the brown wire that is the center of the 3 on the solenoid do I just leave that connected or disconnect it ?

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So I have the warn winch that was dealer installed, Then green and black are my in & out what did you do with the brown wire that is the center of the 3 on the solenoid do I just leave that connected or disconnect it ?
Leave it how it is and try it. The in/out wires are only ones you add to solenoid.

J

JTW

So you have Both the wired and wireless hooked up together ?/
I do.. the wired plug goes to my switch panel and the remote is in the glove box.. the wireless remotes are now on the key and above my head on the gun rack.

Reactions: utvmi
utvmi

utvmi

Lifetime Member
Jun 1, 2017
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
K I have the Warn Winch that was installed by the dealer and I know the 2017 are prewired for winch.

With the 3 wires from the hardwired remote unhooked from the solenoid and key turned on

Green is IN and has 12v
Black is OUT and has 12v
Brown ? Has some reading but not 12vots

So I'm going to splice the wireless leads for IN & OUT into the Green and black and then hook all 3 back up to the solenoid, Does this sound right b/c the wireless is clicking and not working ?

Doesn anyone know what the Brown wire is for the Winch works with it unhooked and hooked up ?

Amazon.com: 12V 12 Volt Wireless Remote Control Kit for Truck Jeep ATV Winch: Automotive

J

JTW

K I have the Warn Winch that was installed by the dealer and I know the 2017 are prewired for winch.

With the 3 wires from the hardwired remote unhooked from the solenoid and key turned on

Green is IN and has 12v
Black is OUT and has 12v
Brown ? Has some reading but not 12vots

So I'm going to splice the wireless leads for IN & OUT into the Green and black and then hook all 3 back up to the solenoid, Does this sound right b/c the wireless is clicking and not working ?

Doesn anyone know what the Brown wire is for the Winch works with it unhooked and hooked up ?

Amazon.com: 12V 12 Volt Wireless Remote Control Kit for Truck Jeep ATV Winch: Automotive
Yup, that sounds right.. my first wireless box didn't work. So if it's clicking and hooked tot he correct in/out wires... it's the wireless box that's bad.

Reactions: Jshell3 and utvmi
utvmi

utvmi

Lifetime Member
Jun 1, 2017
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yup, that sounds right.. my first wireless box didn't work. So if it's clicking and hooked tot he correct in/out wires... it's the wireless box that's bad.
Ok thanks,

J

JTW

Yellow and white wireless goes to green and black wire on the solenoid.. even if you had them reversed it would still work just the winch in and out would be mixed up.

IMG 4430

utvmi

utvmi

Lifetime Member
Jun 1, 2017
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yellow and white wireless goes to green and black wire on the solenoid.. even if you had them reversed it would still work just the winch in and out would be mixed up.

View attachment 47520
Thanks for the help tonight, wireless is the problem also not sure If it's 2017 deal but the brown coming from the wired and from harness is ground, works with or with out so leaving it on there and here is a diagram for the exact solenoid
Screenshot 20170627 001724

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!