Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
When I turn my key on I would like my 7pin mictuning rocker to light up and winch be able to work
Can you share pictures of the current setup? Will be easier for us to see how it is currently wired, and whether it is a Honda install or DIY.

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Does this help?
Capture32

connect "to accessory 1" to in or out on contactor for winch.
connect "to accessory 2" to opposite of accessory 1.
To battery will come from an ignition switched source.
ground is ground.

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
When I turn my key on I would like my 7pin mictuning rocker to light up and winch be able to work
The switch backlighting may not come on when turning on ignition. I believe most are designed so the light comes on when activated.
Which I really don't understand. These are momentary, which means the light is only on when your thumb is covering it. So why bother lighting up while in use.

GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The switch backlighting may not come on when turning on ignition. I believe most are designed so the light comes on when activated.
Which I really don't understand. These are momentary, which means the light is only on when your thumb is covering it. So why bother lighting up while in use.
If you wire it the way i did in the diagram on post 14 it will be back lit with the key on.

Reactions: Landman

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!