P500 Wiring along rollbars

• Thread starter Deleted member 3748
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 3748

How do you guys run wires along your rollbars? I want to make them look nice, or invisible, and I don't want to just zip-tie them in place. Looking for some ideas.

D

Deleted member 3748

I used black thhn solid and bent to match the curves and ziptied with black zip ties. But I was close to drilling a hole top and bottom and fishing the wires inside the tubes.

I like your idea. I used THHN 6 ga. stranded to make my long battery cables. I was just looking at Solrus build and it looks like he used pipe insulation for roll bar pads. I may do that to hide the wires or the solid wire like you so it looks good. Thanks!

D

Deleted member 3748

I used the pipe insulation to seal off the cabin a little better. Hiding the wires was a bonus. Ha!

Which size did you use?
I used the pipe insulation to seal off the cabin a little better. Hiding the wires was a bonus. Ha!

Nice bonus!! Which diameter did you use? Did you use zip ties to hold it down?

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Which size did you use?

Nice bonus!! Which diameter did you use? Did you use zip ties to hold it down?
I'm curious too. I've not seen a pipe insulation with a ID sufficient to fit around the ROPS tubing.

D

Deleted member 3748

I'm curious too. I've not seen a pipe insulation with a ID sufficient to fit around the ROPS tubing.
You can get it in all kinds of sizes. I'm wondering if he used 1-1/2", 2", or special ordered some 1-5/8" :) I bought a piece of 1-1/2" at the hardware store today. I'll let you know how it fits.

D

Deleted member 3748

You can get it in all kinds of sizes. I'm wondering if he used 1-1/2", 2", or special ordered some 1-5/8" :) I bought a piece of 1-1/2" at the hardware store today. I'll let you know how it fits.

The 1-1/2" ID is the largest you should use. It's wraps the bar with a little room to spare. I would have been okay with a gap located at the top of the bar.

p500fan

p500fan

Lifetime Member
Mar 30, 2015
Sand Point, AK
Sorry, I haven't checked the site much this weekend. I ordered several different sizes from Amazon. Being that I live on a small island in the Pacific, it was my only option. The 15/8" size was the one that I used the most of. I was using it to seal all the "draft zones", not just to pad the roll cage. I even drilled holes in the half doors to zip tie the stuff around the edges. Worked better than I expected. Ha!

D

Deleted member 3748

Sorry, I haven't checked the site much this weekend. I ordered several different sizes from Amazon. Being that I live on a small island in the Pacific, it was my only option. The 15/8" size was the one that I used the most of. I was using it to seal all the "draft zones", not just to pad the roll cage. I even drilled holes in the half doors to zip tie the stuff around the edges. Worked better than I expected. Ha!
"Small island in the Pacific" sounds like the Philippines, but it's probably Ketchikan, since it's cold and your location says AK. ;)

Reactions: p500fan
advertisement
D

Deleted member 3748

Google cleared it up for me. You're way up there! An island like that near Lake Michigan would get snow by the foot because of the lake. Do you have 30 or 40 feet of snow on the ground?

p500fan

p500fan

Lifetime Member
Mar 30, 2015
Sand Point, AK
No, it's actually a very temperate climate, due to the Sea of Japan currents. I lived in Ketchikan for two years, and the temps are actually a little warmer here. It was almost 40 degrees here today, and we have had little snow. I've lived in AK for almost 4 years, and the winters back home in AR were much worse. My father, who hated cold weather with a passion, would call me to complain about winter. It would be 35-40 here, and 14 back home. HA! The huge snows occur inland, especially around Valdez. They will have 10'-20' on the ground at times.

Reactions: Deleted member 3748
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Thhn is not recommended for low voltage applications.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Why? THHN is just a rating.
Sorry PH, I was responding to post 2, but didn't quote it and wasn't specific enough. THHN solid wire isn't recommended for low voltage.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!