Wiring new light bar to high beam switch

J

Jhn_mcdngh

Feb 25, 2021
Ridgecrest, CA
Ownership

1. Talon R
Hello everyone, just thought I’d see if anyone had tried or has any input on this topic.
I bought a new KC C40 light bar and I would love to hook it up so it comes on when I turn the factory high beam switch on. Not really sure how to go about it and didn’t know if it would ruin anything just tapping into the stock wires.
any advice is much appreciated!

Reactions: TxDoc
PaulF

PaulF

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Lifetime Member
Jul 1, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
Here is a high beam harness. The factory wiring is only good for about 4 amps so if your light bar draws more than that, you will need to rune a relay and use this as a trigger only...

Reactions: Raynman
russknight

russknight

Lifetime Member
Apr 13, 2019
Perry Florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
Here is a high beam harness. The factory wiring is only good for about 4 amps so if your light bar draws more than that, you will need to rune a relay and use this as a trigger only...

I have it. It works great!

K

kellen20

Apr 1, 2020
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5

PaulF,
I am replacing my small light bar with a larger one so I will need a relay. I have the high beam harness do you have a wiring diagram to add in the relay?

Thanks.
Kellen

PaulF

PaulF

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Lifetime Member
Jul 1, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
Google is your friend...

PaulF

PaulF

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Lifetime Member
Jul 1, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
And if you want to get someone's attention, put an ampersand in front of their username like this...

@kellen20 or @PaulF

Reactions: BobFarrell
Test - Grid

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!