P500 wiring questions

J

James500

May 20, 2020
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500
Gathering parts for some accessories; first will be blue tooth stereo and next winch. Current plan is to run
4 gauge wire from battery to a one or two post buss connection, stereo will attach there and has it's own fuse.
When winch is added wires from battery will be moved to winch contactor and use that as a buss. What size terminals
are normally on winch contactor (Badland 3500)? Trying to figure out so I can order terminals for wire.
Thanks

DaddyDubbs

DaddyDubbs

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2016
Lee County Alabama, from Southern Michigan
Ownership

1. 500
Welcome. I think you'll like the NUTV5 - Not sure if they have included clamp spacers that fit the P5 yet, but if not, here is how I mounted it in my P5 see #5 in this post for mounting ideas.

J

James500

May 20, 2020
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500
DaddyDubbs, I like how you have yours wired and location. Do you think that location keeps the amp dry? I haven't received my stereo yet but the owner's manual says to keep it dry. Can you provide some more details on your wiring. Fuse box and gauge wire you used? Did you connect the stereo to the stud that powers the fuse box? I think the stereo power wire has inline fuse.

DaddyDubbs

DaddyDubbs

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2016
Lee County Alabama, from Southern Michigan
Ownership

1. 500
DaddyDubbs, I like how you have yours wired and location. Do you think that location keeps the amp dry? I haven't received my stereo yet but the owner's manual says to keep it dry. Can you provide some more details on your wiring. Fuse box and gauge wire you used? Did you connect the stereo to the stud that powers the fuse box? I think the stereo power wire has inline fuse.
The photo in the above article was taken shortly after installing NOAM amp, before I had relocated some wire runs.
The P5 is without question a small platform to deal with, however with a little planing you can find a place for almost anything.
I have included a later photo from a post about how much stuff you can fit under the hood, as well as how I dealt with the small dash space in the P5.
A) So far the location has not been an issue, however I do not swim my P5, It has been in a couple of river crossings where the water was over the floor boards and also in a knee deep mud puddle a few years ago without issue.
B) Main fuse block is from Blue Sea, I am running the 12AWG power wire (which I shortened, and eliminated the inline fuse) from the NOAM amp to a 40A fuse on this fuse block. I guess if you wanted to keep the inline fuse you could go to the power in stud..
UNDER THE HOOD
Underhood
1 – Back of Choog Box
2 – Winch Solenoid
3 – Relay for Light bar
4 – Fuse Boxes Both main (left) and Secondary (right)
5 – NOAM Stereo Amp
6 – Electric Power Steering
7 – Windshield Washer Reservoir and Pump (do not use unless you have a glass windshield)
DASH ARRANGEMENT
Dash6
A - NUTV5 Dash Control - Be sure to use a hole saw
B - 3.5mm Audio Input Jack
C - NOCO GC016 Dash Mount Battery Indicator and Charge Port
D - Arkon Tablet Mount
E - Rear Work light Switch
F - Front Light Bar Switch

J

James500

May 20, 2020
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500
Thank you for the details and pictures, DaddyDubbs! I just received the system and looks like I have quite a bit of work to do. Step one will be getting the power up to the front. I noticed tonight that I will have to trim the Honda roof for speaker clearance. The back of the Honda roof hangs down quite a bit. Speakers will have to go on the smaller ROP bar, like you did, as they wont fit in between.

Reactions: DaddyDubbs
advertisement
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Yep, but the account is suddenly MIA. 🤔
I got to hang with him 3 years ago at the Take Over, he was working on a center console for the P5 that looked great! Very nice guy, wish he was back?

Reactions: trigger
NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I got to hang with him 3 years ago at the Take Over, he was working on a center console for the P5 that looked great! Very nice guy, wish he was back?
He was ... for like 24 hours. Then el-deleto via an Epstein like event.

Reactions: Splorin and trigger

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!