P1000 Won’t shift out of neutral

Arkansaslawguy

Arkansaslawguy

Nov 19, 2020
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Got the pioneer out of the garage this evening to wash it. Everything was fine. After I washed it up, I let it run for about 10 minutes to dry it off.

When I got in it to pull it back into the garage, it wouldn’t move in high, low, or reverse. Display showed it shifting, but all it would do is rev the engine.

Any ideas?

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Got the pioneer out of the garage this evening to wash it. Everything was fine. After I washed it up, I let it run for about 10 minutes to dry it off.

When I got in it to pull it back into the garage, it wouldn’t move in high, low, or reverse. Display showed it shifting, but all it would do is rev the engine.

Any ideas?
I think you can see the shift linkage under the front seat (pull seat out) and check to make sure it's actually shifting while you move the lever. Maybe cable broke???
Other then that......Sorry I'm not much help, good luck 👍

Arkansaslawguy

Arkansaslawguy

Nov 19, 2020
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Update:

Took it out for a ride today. Started doing it again 5 minutes in, without getting wet. Seems to be more temp related than water related. I’m at a loss.

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The fact that the gear indicator follows the shift lever suggests the problem is not likely shift cable related. That it doesn't actually go into gear, as P1K5Dave suggests, points to perhaps the shift motor or maybe a loose connection (check the ground connections on the motor).

Disclaimer: I'm a newbie owner without a clue, parroting back what I've learned here. So whatever credibility, I may appear to have, is just as likely to be wrong. :)

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!