BOX1

P1000 Wont start

J

JohnnyG

Oct 18, 2019
Ivanhoe,TX
Ownership

1. 1000-5
2016 1000-5. So I have been trying to work on my sxs the last couple weeks. It was running fine (other than the clutch slippage) and then tried to start it and just turn over. I changed plugs and it would fire up for 10 seconds and die. I checked the fire and it's good. So I decided to drain the fuel since that's the next place to look. Drained and I believe there was water in the fuel. I hooked the fuel pump up out of the tank and no pumping. I tried the fuel level and was getting power to there but no pump. I decided to replace the fuel pump, and put it in and turn it on and no pump again. I am out of options, any suggestions? Not sure if it will give me a mild light with out it starting but it seems to be 13. I see that is the injector and those wires seem to be tight and not pulling out.

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If you have a code 12 or 13, order the injector plugs from our forum store or Amazon.
Well known issue on 2016's, even some 17's and 18's.

Reactions: Mudwing
J

JohnnyG

Oct 18, 2019
Ivanhoe,TX
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Apparently the fuel tank vent in the frame let water into the tank. So new fuel pump and I'm up and running . Thanks for the advice. I will probably order one to have when the problem arises.

Reactions: Mudwing
E

Ericthered

Eric The Red
Lifetime Member
Nov 6, 2017
Sparks, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-3
NO, just extend the vent to top of cab. I did and have no issues. 2017 1000-3eps

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!