P1000 Won't start

B

Boomboom907

Apr 27, 2016
Washington
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Nope. Had we found him there'd be extra crow food. Normally that's not a thing up where we are the few that come up we know very well however it's one of the big weekends and you get all the one time a year campers and kids that don't respect anything. You should have seen the garbage! Pisses me off

Your not alone. I hate people that leave s*** laying around. I have a buddy that does. I make him throw all his beer bottles in my rig. If there's one thing you shouldn't leave in the woods is plastic or glass. Paper doesn't really matter as much, though I pick everything up anyways.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
bigdeal

bigdeal

Jan 25, 2016
south ga
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That's right! I went back down to river Monday and took 5 bags of trash off! Everyone is pretty good about keeping it picked up but there are still some that slip. Well, whats the word on the motor?

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
We picked up a ton too and will be cleaning it back out of the woods next week. Hopefully I'll know very soon. It will not turn over

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Here's some pics from the manual. Number 8 is the crank vent.

E6f1f15f49bc908c93db93ac842d5462

E795a1477427bc59c14636f49bb7b224

There are several other band clamps to check by looking at the IPL. Have you checked those?

Sent from my iPad 7G

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
No I haven't checked anything but intake and air intake hose throughout but I sure as heck will now! Thanks for getting back so soon I really appreciate it. Got appointment at Honda in 40 minutes but I'll check before I drop it off and get back to you. :)

Reactions: joeymt33
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Dude that really sucks. I hope it turns out being a cheap fix.
Thanks @Digger! It's a Honda and I still have faith in the brand. It's us users that are bad people:)

Reactions: Hondasxs
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Man I just now sat down and read through your thread. Sorry to hear of this. I ain't been on here much last week or so until just recently to check in with Joey bout the ride. Water or any other liquid is amazingly destructive. Had a buddy with a 400+ hp srt4 destroy 2 Eagle forged rods by running through a puddle of water. Rods broke loose from pistons and made a U turn inside the cylinders. I hope it's something simple and cheap but not turning over by hand doesn't sound good. I'm pulling for you man! Sorry I been MIA for so long.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Im Leary of riding in water. I took my snorkel off just to make sure it wasn't costing me any power then low and behold Joey and I ended up doing alot of riding through creeks lol. I took it nice and easy lol. Good news is my rig ran the same with stock intake so the snorkel isn't hurting my power any. Keep us posted on the trip to the dealer

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
:) :) :) thank you! Did Joe tell ya the blue pills worked? I got it up buddy!! The Pioneers last hoorah!

advertisement
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Im Leary of riding in water. I took my snorkel off just to make sure it wasn't costing me any power then low and behold Joey and I ended up doing alot of riding through creeks lol. I took it nice and easy lol. Good news is my rig ran the same with stock intake so the snorkel isn't hurting my power any. Keep us posted on the trip to the dealer
I think I may consider that as well. Nice and simple. Go through the hood the same and raise my lines. Live and learn! I'm use to staying away from water with belt who knew water would be so much fun.

GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Sorry to hear about your ride man. I hope they getter fixed up quick for ya

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
No man I don't think he did. Did you record it? Congrats!!
Ya it's on there. I didn't get as much air as you but it's a little! Kinda funny I backed up in front of camp and ran it in front of everyone twice. First was a screw up that had everyone looking then a better one. I'm thankful someone got it. (I tried lots before the camp scene but don't tell anyone)

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I think I may consider that as well. Nice and simple. Go through the hood the same and raise my lines. Live and learn! I'm use to staying away from water with belt who knew water would be so much fun.
Ive done the same as you before the snorkel. I've flew through water a foot or so deep. Hard to believe that's what cause the problem. Just bad luck I guess.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Sorry to hear about your ride man. I hope they getter fixed up quick for ya
Thank you sir. How did everything go with yours? You got it for weekend right?

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ill have to check it out. I'm trying to get caught up on here little by little. Wife and I had to file for emergency temporary custody for our granddaughter. She's been living with us for about a week now. I forgot how needy 14 month old babies are lol. When I'm not working 13hr shifts I'm taking care of her solo while wife sleeps.

GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thank you sir. How did everything go with yours? You got it for weekend right?
Still in the shop. They tore the dash and rear end out.. Now they think it's the dash display. Just playing the waiting game now:)

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Still in the shop. They tore the dash and rear end out.. Now they think it's the dash display. Just playing the waiting game now:)
Damn!!!!! Oh god I'm sorry man I know they are slow. That really sucks. It does lower my problem when I know there are others. Hopefully soon.

Reactions: GlockMeister
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!