GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Damn!!!!! Oh god I'm sorry man I know they are slow. That really sucks. It does lower my problem when I know there are others. Hopefully soon.
It's all good.. As you said I'm the hands of the" professional" now. So good luck to both of us.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Should have tried keeping the Rincon though:) those are the most dependable thing out there. But only so much I understand that one. I'm sure once you get that back you'll be all giddy once more! Great machine

GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Should have tried keeping the Rincon though:) those are the most dependable thing out there. But only so much I understand that one. I'm sure once you get that back you'll be all giddy once more! Great machine
Ya miss the ole rincon but love my new buggy. Wife and kids really like it to. Just a flaw in the slaw. Hondas take alickin and keep on tickin.

ghost

ghost

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2015
BC
Are there any air / water separators that would be effective in a P1K ?
The only ones I've seen require a lot more airflow.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Follow the leader-he's on a Honda! Pioneer is a lot better family rig though. If you know someone that would trade a "slightly used" 2013 Polaris for an old Rincon give me a call!!

Reactions: GlockMeister
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Are there any air / water separators that would be effective in a P1K ?
The only ones I've seen require a lot more airflow.
Idk. When you look actually look at how intricate the intake system is on this it amazes me anything gets past. It's really a trick setup all the way to the way the filter and inside the box are. Honda did thier best and even I can't fault the design. It's impressive. Still don't know for sure if that's exactly how it came in. I'll steal @joeymt33 snorkel idea maybe even backwards for what I did would still enter that. I like how simple it is and around here some areas don't allow a snorkeled vehicle so another hood and I'm good to go. Lesson learned.

Reactions: Eltobgi
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Idk. When you look actually look at how intricate the intake system is on this it amazes me anything gets past. It's really a trick setup all the way to the way the filter and inside the box are. Honda did thier best and even I can't fault the design. It's impressive. Still don't know for sure if that's exactly how it came in. I'll steal @joeymt33 snorkel idea maybe even backwards for what I did would still enter that. I like how simple it is and around here some areas don't allow a snorkeled vehicle so another hood and I'm good to go. Lesson learned.
Thats what I like about mine. They'd have to be looking for it to see it. It kinda blends in with the lines of the machine.

sthomp54

sthomp54

Jun 11, 2015
What did the shop say? Are they tearing the motor down? Sorry this happened, do you think the intake pipe was damaged or loose and sucked up some water after the filter?

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
They said today at the very soonest but "for sure this week" the shop is really busy with recalled Polaris I think. I know them very well having bought many rigs through there so they are trying but many of the customers waited till after the big weekend before having recalls fixed so no word yet. If water did enter here it's pretty discret. The filter was very slightly moist when I checked it and a little mud on down pipe under the hood no other signs it went through though. I checked the oil filter right before yesterday and that was good oil same with trans filter.
I looked a little at the intake pipe and a couple air vents that @joeymt33 had suggested as well but nothing and didn't want to tear apart too much.

Last edited:
advertisement
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I'd say I gave the snorkel a good test Monday while riding with Delton.

2d1410d1dfb8df321618b99b1aaa337c

Sent from my iPad 7G

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I'll send in the video that did me in. It's not near that good.

Reactions: joeymt33
cwalton

cwalton

Who has more fun!
Lifetime Member
Mar 21, 2016
West Virginia
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
6 01 2016 015 I thought I was having a bad moment with a stick coming through the floor and landing in my crotch, until I read you posts!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Hold up though wow that could have been bad I can't say I'm not impressed that looks like roughing it!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
The floor is super thick right there it really wanted in

cwalton

cwalton

Who has more fun!
Lifetime Member
Mar 21, 2016
West Virginia
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Trail was tight, so I was watching the sides. My wife screamed when the stick made entry, so being a good husband, I slammed on the brakes and screamed "WHAT". (glad I did)

cwalton

cwalton

Who has more fun!
Lifetime Member
Mar 21, 2016
West Virginia
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Any ideas on what type of glue/epoxy to use? I have the piece and may be able to reuse it to cover the hole.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
A good two-part urethane found in automotive paint stores would be the best especially because you can get it in black. For off the shelf type Gorilla Glue is probably about the best. Either way use a fairly course scratch pad saturated with acetone or rubbing alcohol and hit any of the effected area your going to apply glue to very well. Allow to dry and clean that with window cleaner. Make sure very dry. After applied if urethane let set just a bit and use solvent on finger to smooth a bit but make sure anywhere either are spread its scuffed and cleaned well for a good repair and you'll have good luck.

Last edited:
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!