X arched forward arms

Hometeam

Hometeam

Lifetime Member
Nov 26, 2015
Normal, IL
Curious if an x with forward arched arms turning radius is still better than the r’s turning radius? Anyone have a comparison?
I don’t have our X anymore but we did have forward aarms on it. I never measured the turning radius but I didn’t ever feel like it was a noticeable change in its turning radius as I drove it. Now on the Rs we the Hess steering racks without the stops and that has been a more noticeable improvement to the turning radius. I was happy with our forward aarms on the X.

WillyBill

WillyBill

Wheeling Addict
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2017
Clinton, Utah
Ownership

1. Talon X LV
I just put fwd arms from SATV on my X so i could fit 33's. The turning radius is not as good as before but still better than an R.
I have 1 1/2" forward arched SATV Arms on my 2023 X2 and my 32" x 11.5 TSL Swampers (mounted on Method 6+1 Bead Grip wheels) barely rub at full turn & Stuff (Both at the same time). IMHO 33"s will need to be skinny to have a chance of working.

WB

Reactions: Hometeam
Hometeam

Hometeam

Lifetime Member
Nov 26, 2015
Normal, IL
I have 1 1/2" forward arched SATV Arms on my 2023 X2 and my 32" x 11.5 TSL Swampers (mounted on Method 6+1 Bead Grip wheels) barely rub at full turn & Stuff (Both at the same time). IMHO 33"s will need to be skinny to have a chance of working.

WB
The 11.5” wide is the bigger factor making yours rub. We have put 33s on an X (10” wide) with the SATV 1.5 forward aarms and had plenty of room. We could have even gone bigger without rub.

Last edited: