Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Cabin/seating or ride quality?
Must be a personal preference. I'm 6'1" 310 lbs not exactly petite, yes the cockpit is tighter on RMAX because the the center console / tunnel, but where your knees touch its padded, I find multiple places to rest my feet for comfort. I like being able to lean on the soft console lid when I feel like it. Seating it awesome in and of itself. Ride is pretty darn good for a rec machine, I consider it notably better than the P1K with Fox QS3 shocks, however, Honda is at 10.5" and RMAX is at 15" that additional 50% is all the difference at trail speed.

GRANITE

GRANITE

People Dying to come see me!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2014
Brookville, Indiana
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 520
Cabin/seating or ride quality?
for me it has the shoulder bolster. My left arm/shoulder simply wasn't comfortable with it. I did come up with a bracket to lean seats back a touch and that made a big difference. I did end of removing the bolster but then felt like door wasn't high enough to protect me. Seeing how they can be put on their side makes me think I was lucky in not doing so. I guess the main reason for me was noise

Reactions: Smitty335 and CID
GRANITE

GRANITE

People Dying to come see me!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2014
Brookville, Indiana
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 520
Must be a personal preference. I'm 6'1" 310 lbs not exactly petite, yes the cockpit is tighter on RMAX because the the center console / tunnel, but where your knees touch its padded, I find multiple places to rest my feet for comfort. I like being able to lean on the soft console lid when I feel like it. Seating it awesome in and of itself. Ride is pretty darn good for a rec machine, I consider it notably better than the P1K with Fox QS3 shocks, however, Honda is at 10.5" and RMAX is at 15" that additional 50% is all the difference at trail speed.
100% agreed

Reactions: Smitty335
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
for me it has the shoulder bolster. My left arm/shoulder simply wasn't comfortable with it. I did come up with a bracket to lean seats back a touch and that made a big difference. I did end of removing the bolster but then felt like door wasn't high enough to protect me. Seeing how they can be put on their side makes me think I was lucky in not doing so. I guess the main reason for me was noise

You can drill out the 3 pop rivets on the plastic shoulder bolster, slide it back 3" It makes a big difference. No modifications to metal frame underneath needed.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!