Yet Another Excursion into the NW and SW States.

mjn

mjn

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 31, 2018
SE Washington State/N Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Oh my God....GUNS...EEEEK I’m scared

Don’t let the liberals see them :)

LOL!! yea... I'm always armed when out in the brush. I'm on the far left.. always have either a Sig or 1911, but this was an all day ride so I strapped on my Smith 22 also just in case we stumbled on to any attack squirrels. It's hard to tell, but everyone in that photo is armed.
My little brother in the middle thinks he's Wyatt Earp.. Pretty sure he has a pair of .45 Colts in that photo hahaha!

100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Antelope Pass in the Salmon Challis NF
DE46952D 038C 4910 B895 2B49AFD406FD

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I'm about ready to order some new tires. Its between tensor regulators and evos. I'm using my stock steel wheel like u did. I was wondering if u have any rubbing at full comprehension? Also do u get alot more mud throwed in the cab of the machine due to the front tires being a inch wider than stock? Nice pics by the way.

100Acre

100Acre

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm about ready to order some new tires. Its between tensor regulators and evos. I'm using my stock steel wheel like u did. I was wondering if u have any rubbing at full comprehension? Also do u get alot more mud throwed in the cab of the machine due to the front tires being a inch wider than stock? Nice pics by the way.
Full comprehension? I dunno? Lol.
Little to no mud thrown into cab but they don’t seem to like slick mud.

Reactions: BWAF and TripleB
100Acre

100Acre

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Lol compression
I’m sorry but I still don’t know what you mean. I do know the tires are 8 ply steel belted even in the sidewalls and I’m running them at 10 Psi.

Reactions: BWAF and TripleB
100Acre

100Acre

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I liked the EVO’s too but the tread seemed too open btw lugs and thought they’d be loud/vibrate on pavement

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I’m sorry but I still don’t know what you mean. I do know the tires are 8 ply steel belted even in the sidewalls and I’m running them at 10 Psi.
Full compression is when the shock is pushed all the way up. He’s asking if there is any tire rub when you hit a hard bump, when the rig is compressing from an impact or landing from a jump.

100Acre

100Acre

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
No compression or tire rub that I can tell. I still want to add some Fox shocks at some point too. The stock shocks are a bit rough. I wonder where I can get some Fox while traveling?
Even though I swore them off, I thought about stopping at RMATV on my way south into Utah

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I liked the EVO’s too but the tread seemed too open btw lugs and thought they’d be loud/vibrate on pavement
Check out the ITP Terra Hooks made by the same company as the EVOS, they just released them this week, came in Tuesday. I went and paid for them Thursday and got a look at them, think there going to be killer, lugs are closer together and a little shorter. I've got EVOS now and have never had a flat. I called ITP and asked if the side wall was going to be the same as the EVOS, answer, yes just different tread pattern. $ 175 a tire mounted + tax at Freedom Power sports Fayetteville AR. ITP's have one of the stiffest side walls in the business and made in the good ole USA! Going to pick them up up next Wednesday mounted.:)

100Acre

100Acre

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’m up on Grand Mesa just SE of Grand Junction Colorado. It was a 12 hour drive. It got up to 100* driving across hwy 6 from Payson Utah down to Green a River. Beautiful desert country. I’d love to explore more of the backcountry. Just more like in the fall or winter. During the time btw the Jurassic and Cretaceous, much of the NW parts of Colorado was a coastal flood plain on the edge of a vast inland sea. The whole area is teeming with fossil remains. When I got up to the top of the Mesa, it was 60*
Freaking wiped out. Tomorrow I’ll head down to Montrose and pick up my OHV permit, before heading to Lake City, where I’m supposed to meet up with @Alan and friends for some further exploration. I’m also hoping to drive across and over to Silverton and maybe Ouray. Thanks Alan for the tips. I’m at Island Lake CG. I got one of the last two sites. Camping next to some young Mennonites from Missouri who’re exploring the west.

Reactions: TripleB and gch1911
Alan aka Davinci

Alan aka Davinci

Mr. Meme Master
Lifetime Member
Apr 25, 2015
Grand Junction, CO
Ownership

1. 500
I’m up on Grand Mesa just SE of Grand Junction Colorado. It was a 12 hour drive. It got up to 100* driving across hwy 6 from Payson Utah down to Green a River. Beautiful desert country. I’d love to explore more of the backcountry. Just more like in the fall or winter. During the time btw the Jurassic and Cretaceous, much of the NW parts of Colorado was a coastal flood plain on the edge of a vast inland sea. The whole area is teeming with fossil remains. When I got up to the top of the Mesa, it was 60*
Freaking wiped out. Tomorrow I’ll head down to Montrose and pick up my OHV permit, before heading to Lake City, where I’m supposed to meet up with @Alan and friends for some further exploration. I’m also hoping to drive across and over to Silverton and maybe Ouray. Thanks Alan for the tips. I’m at Island Lake CG. I got one of the last two sites. Camping next to some young Mennonites from Missouri who’re exploring the west.
Glad you made it @100Acre , cool weather feels great doesn't it?

Last edited:
Alan aka Davinci

Alan aka Davinci

Mr. Meme Master
Lifetime Member
Apr 25, 2015
Grand Junction, CO
Ownership

1. 500
What time did you get the Island Lake?

100Acre

100Acre

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I am putting in the link here to the lake city Colorado photo thread as all of my photographs from the area and the Alpine Loop are being posted over there so I am posting a link to that onto this thread so as to keep everything in order from this trip. Thank you
Lake City CO - Photo Gallery

Reactions: BWAF
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
A lot smaller than your lead to believe isn't it? I'm still glad I went
Me too. If you saw the pictures before Borglum began work on it and watched the films of how it was accomplished in 1920’s technology, and the striking accuracy of the four presidents likenesses, I consider it nothing less than spectacular. Also a symbol of American pride...:cool:

F94F8483 59C1 4B9E BA87 D4A6EB5025DD

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!