P500 Yet Another Wheel Question

Macca

Macca

Jul 19, 2017
New Zealand
Ownership

1. 500
I need new wheels and tires!! Yes I have read many times this is a must but after getting stuck this weekend out dear hunting It’s happening! Please someone tell me if i’m on the right track!

ITP Black steel Wheels
5+2 12x7 4/100.

2 Main Questions are.....

(Do i need to run 5+2 Front and 2+5 rear?????? or just get 5+2 all round??)

(Will I need spacers on the rear to even the wheels out)???! If i run just 5+2? or will running 5+2F / 2+5R Doaway with need for a spacer.

I want to run same width all 4 corners but have not seen anybody specifically mention 5+2 F and 2+5 R. Only people mention spacers in rear. Personally i don’t want spacers i just want the wheels and bigger tyres. No spacers. Even stance.

Any specific help would be appreciated.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Maybe 5+2's on the front and 4+3's on the rear, still might not have a perfectly even track width though. You want 12x7 4/110, not 100.

DaddyDubbs

DaddyDubbs

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2016
Lee County Alabama, from Southern Michigan
Ownership

1. 500
I need new wheels and tires!! Yes I have read many times this is a must but after getting stuck this weekend out dear hunting It’s happening! Please someone tell me if i’m on the right track!

ITP Black steel Wheels
5+2 12x7 4/100.

2 Main Questions are.....

(Do i need to run 5+2 Front and 2+5 rear?????? or just get 5+2 all round??)

(Will I need spacers on the rear to even the wheels out)???! If i run just 5+2? or will running 5+2F / 2+5R Doaway with need for a spacer.

I want to run same width all 4 corners but have not seen anybody specifically mention 5+2 F and 2+5 R. Only people mention spacers in rear. Personally i don’t want spacers i just want the wheels and bigger tyres. No spacers. Even stance.

Any specific help would be appreciated.
I'm running 26x9-12 ITP Blackwater Evolution all around on 5+2 12x7 4/110 aluminum rims with no spacers and haven't had any problems - true it's not a dead even track, but it's been close enough for me.

AlR

AlR

Nov 14, 2016
Nanaimo, British Columbia
Ownership

1. 500
Oh man, it sounds complicated. I wouldn't mind nice aluminum wheels but sizing is a pita. I'm gonna follow this thread closely!

DaddyDubbs

DaddyDubbs

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2016
Ownership

1. 500
Oh man, it sounds complicated. I wouldn't mind nice aluminum wheels but sizing is a pita. I'm gonna follow this thread closely!
Wheels aren’t that complicated especially in 12” 5+2 is probably the most common offset then maybe 4+3. Really just a choice between steel and aluminum, I chose aluminum because I wanted bead locks, but nothing wrong with steel. Aluminum offer more styles to choose from, most just provide a different look.
The real (complicated) fun comes when trying to decided what tire to mount on your rims :confused: and if you want the same size F & R or staggered width.
Then to spacer or not to spacer.
See, no worries, piece of cake :eek:
There is some great advice on this forum from a lot of people with way more experience than me.

Macca

Macca

Jul 19, 2017
New Zealand
Ownership

1. 500
I'm running 26x9-12 ITP Blackwater Evolution all around on 5+2 12x7 4/110 aluminum rims with no spacers and haven't had any problems - true it's not a dead even track, but it's been close enough for me.
Does the rear sit slightly further out with this setup? and is this slightly wider overall then factory?

DaddyDubbs

DaddyDubbs

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2016
Ownership

1. 500
Does the rear sit slightly further out with this setup? and is this slightly wider overall then factory?
Actually I think the front is about a half inch wider than the rear with 5+2 on all four corners, I didn’t actually measure but I seem to remember a post that mentioned that.

Reactions: Macca

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!