Marine Auxiliary Switch Panel with dual battery setup

bdech15

bdech15

Dec 2, 2013
www.facebook.com
Attached are pics of my switch I found on ebay with dual battery mounted under hood.

Hedahe8aUje5yhynMagete2y

bigc

bigc

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 16, 2013
that looks really awesome

slowdryrider

slowdryrider

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 14, 2013
Canada
That sure looks nice.

TandT

TandT

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2013
Newark, Ohio
Ownership

1. 700-4
bdech15, That is one SWEET switch panel! Best I have seen. Do you still have the name of the company that you got it from? If so can you post or send me a PM. Thanks, TandT

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
That seems the best way to go if you not that familiar with wiring. All set and ready to go.

J

jdmkun

Aug 27, 2014
Sweet setup...Was the switch a nice fit and can you tell me where you got the auxiliary battery mounting plate? Did you have to make it yourself?

Springer

Springer

Apr 2, 2014
Hi @bdech15. I recently bought this same switch, only in a 4 position. It looks like there may be clearance issues with the frame support behind the dash. Did you run into any problems, and if so how did you work around them?

Thanks for any info

Springer

Springer

Apr 2, 2014
Installed mine yesterday with no problem. I did put 2 layers of electrical tape on the frame behind the plate to insulate ii from shorting to the frame just in case

fishin2Dmax

fishin2Dmax

Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2013
Utah
I originally had a 6 switch panel with a volt meter, but decided to purchased the same exact 8 position switch panel. While there was some moderate compression of wires /lugs behind some of the switches and the middle frame support, it is easily remedied. I wrapped the frame support with electrical tape and carefully bent over some of the affected switch lugs /terminals hitting the support - all fit just fine and works great. I was amazed at how fast all 8 switches were used up (horn, left/right turn signal, winch, front flood lights roof, front floods bumper, interior lights, stereo, rear flood lights.) All I know is even my local dealer thought it looked factory and I get compliments all the time on how nice the switch panel looks. I bought mine on E-bay, but there are some listed Amazon as well; once I placed the order, it took about 7 to 10 days to arrive from China. There are two identical looking versions out there being sold; one of them uses actual auto type fuses and the other use resettable circuit breakers. I prefer the resettable breaker version that has mostly 5 Amp and a few 15 Aamp rated breakers installed and already wired to one of the switches. Some of the wire crimps were bad and needed to be redone, but for the price and the look it can't be beat.

fishin2Dmax

fishin2Dmax

Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2013
Utah
My 8 switch panel was around $ 75 and then there was the cost of wiring to my other accessories (lights, winch, stereo etc). Even wiring every switch to all the my accessories, the cost was well under $200 for the switch panel, switches, breakers, connectors and all wiring.

P

PapaJenkins

Nov 21, 2014
Victoria Texas
this may be an ignoramous question.. but.. did your setup come with wiring directions? or is this a 1 off creation of yours? I am interested in a switch panel like that vs the Honda version, but amnot near getting one yet..just trying to soak in ideas! thanks!!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!