TandT

TandT

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2013
Newark, Ohio
Ownership

1. 700-4
OK, Just took the P4 to the dealer this afternoon. They are going to get on in tomorrow and said what ever it needs will be done, So I'll keep you all up to date.
I'd really want to thank everyone for your help. Special Thanks to Wood 4502 for fixing what you could and Barry for the tools and taking me back to camp to get the trailer. Hey we still had FUN!

P3291034 zpsb0a8e342
P3291037 zpsf6710bba
P3291035 zps2e9dbf9f
P3291044 zps1018d124

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Ya TandT, They need the a story line.
You will have everyone thinking it "broke" down.
Though it did, its not Honda's fault. the P4 ran strong through the whole trip loaded 4 tall.

Dont want to take TandT's story away. But in case he doesn't get back in time I'll give a hint.
Seem the dealer needs to invest in some QC training.

TandT

TandT

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2013
Newark, Ohio
Ownership

1. 700-4
Well let's just say Dealer Error. Just forgot to tighten up the screws that hold the valve adjustment cover on, so loss lots of oil and a little knocking going on.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
TandT said:
Well let's just say Dealer Error. Just forgot to tighten up the screws that hold the valve adjustment cover on, so loss lots of oil and a little knocking going on.
Fokes... let me tell you. TandT has really kept his kool about this. He has ultimate confidence his dealer will make it right.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
I wondered why three valve cap was gone. They should give you a new engine.

TandT

TandT

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2013
Newark, Ohio
Ownership

1. 700-4
They really felt bad and told me that they will do what ever it takes to make it right. Hopefully we will know something tomorrow.

TandT

TandT

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2013
Newark, Ohio
Ownership

1. 700-4
OK, Talked with the tech this afternoon and he said he checked everything out and all is going to be fine. said he will save the filter and cut it apart for me to see. They readjusted the valves-ran test and will run and recheck everything out. plus clean up all the oil on the motor. Told him that they had 2 weeks as I'm off to Florida, That I'll be down once back. Guess the owner of the dealer ship wants to talk with me when I go down to pick it up.
I will say the P4 ran great with 4 adult's in it until we lost the oil. This thing is an animal. I don't think there isn't anywhere it won't go after climbing on the rock's belly draggin' in the mud. One thing i will have is the bigger set of tires on the stock wheels, something like 27". Again we still had a blast-It's great to put names with faces. Really looking to do this again with you all-Just without any mishap's.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
TandT said:
...and a little knocking going on.
I wouldn't just take it back unless they gave me an extended warranty. How could you ever judge how much life your engine has lost from this?

Also, i am surprised that it didn't start slipping before the knocking began. These engines have a rep of slipping on steep hills from not having the oil all the way full....not even actually low!

W

Wood4502

Lifetime Member
Nov 11, 2013
That's good to hear they are taking care of it with very little issues. Wish you guys could of stayed around for Sunday, we rode 65 miles and really put the pioneer through some stuff. Came back home with no damage but some awesome pics and memories. Can't wait for the next ride with everybody had a blast.

R

RZR7750

Lifetime Member
Feb 16, 2014
Glad to hear ya got it straightened out! I can vouch that it wasn't an issue with Honda. But I will make some honda recovery stickers since you made polaris recovery stickers! jk! Honda makes a great machine and always has. Had a blast with you guys in TN

TandT

TandT

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2013
Newark, Ohio
Ownership

1. 700-4
OK all! Just got home from Florida and picked up the Pioneer. Took it for a ride down the road the other evening. All seems to be fine. The mech said that there was still 2 quarts of oil still in it so no damage. They said that they changed to oil 2 times re adjusted the valves. They are going to make me a deal if I decide to get the extended warranty. They did pay me for all 4 of our permit's. Plus they cleaned all the oil off the engine. So it looks new again just like it did before we headed to Windrock. So we are ready for the next Pioneer Rally. This time we will get to ride all day! We still had Fun and it was really great to meet everyone. Thanks Again for everyone's help.

TandT

TandT

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2013
Newark, Ohio
Ownership

1. 700-4
RZR7750, Aaron my buddy that was riding with us said he'll take that decal as he is looking at getting a Polaris.. I'll get one made for him if his buy's one. Have Fun!!

Mpnoonan

Mpnoonan

Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2013
Northeast Nebraska
Glad to hear everything worked out for you Tom!! It was great meeting you guys and we really appreciated the hospitality!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!