P700 700-4 Overheating under power

SuperYeti

SuperYeti

May 11, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Ownership

1. 700-4
No, they're probably unable to release any information to you yet, and as a result may be avoiding you :(

SundayRdr

SundayRdr

Mar 1, 2016
McMinville Tn
T-stat could be bad causing the overheating issue under full load in a hard pull. T-stat could not be fully open and not affect it under normal conditions open enough to allow enough coolant to flow thru the engine and radiator to maintain normal temperature but cause an overheating condition when running hard. My fan rarely ever turns on even climbing hills. One other failure that is possible would be the water pump. If it is a plastic fin pump the plastic fins could be slipping on the shaft of the water pump can even happen with a metal fin pump also. I've never personally seen the water pump fin slip issue but have heard multiple story's of it being an automotive technician. Headgasket more than likely the issue. Same situation as a 6.0 powerstroke . Simple test you can perform at home in your driveway or call a local automotive repair shop and see if they will perform the test for you.
https://m.summitracing.com/parts/li...ese1-_-lisle&gclid=CLaP5-qx5c0CFYE8gQodHmIN8Q
Perform this test and if it fails then call honda and ask what a honda tech gets paid for diagnostic fee and tell them to send a check in the mail with your name on it.

Reactions: Tflynn
K

kswaterfowler

Oct 18, 2015
Kansas
Ownership

1. 700-4
I've noticed my Pioneer seems to be running warmer than usual. It seems like my right leg gets a lot hotter while driving but I notice no gain on my gauge. It just seems like the black plastic cover and seat are also getting warmer than the originally did.

I

Inspectionsmith

May 28, 2017
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-4
I know this is an old thread but I just started having this problem with my 700-4. I've had the bike for over a year and put it through alot. Did some trail riding two weeks ago had no problems. Then today some light riding around the camp and it overheated. Coolant bubbling out, I loosened the cap and it seemed to have a bubble. I filled back up, temp dropped to three bars and I went on. Shortly after I hooked a trailer to it with a 5x5 box stand on it, and pulled it out of the woods, there was some pretty good strain on it and never heated up, but then on flat ground under light loud it overheated again.
I stopped coolent was boiling let the fan run for a min, then turned key off then cranked back up and temp dropped.

The radiator was a little dirty but not any different then the on previous operation.
I did a full cleaning of the radiator this evening.
Any ideas if this still happens.

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
Hey @Inspectionsmith, welcome to the forum. I just re-read this thread and assuming you've already tried everything the original poster tried, I still say bad water pump or thermostat. As far as I know, the OP never tried replacing either of those items and as far as I can tell, those are the last two things it could be.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!