Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
So I joined the Power steering club. I found the upper shaft very difficult to install. Both ends needed to be spread to slide on and even then it was a pain. The bottom section of the shaft that has the bolt in the middle, I didn't see any directions for that. What did you all do?
As for performance, its not a effortless as I thought. But that being said, no matter what I was doing, it was the same, turning in 4 lock, climbing out a ditch where it wanted to turn before, it did exactly what I wanted with the same effort as light turning in 2 while moving.
Anyone piggy back the main power and ground off the winch block rather than going to the battery?
I would think piggy nacking would be a problem, sure the PS unit doesnt pull that many amps. Also unless you using the winch and turning the wheel you should be fine.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So I joined the Power steering club. I found the upper shaft very difficult to install. Both ends needed to be spread to slide on and even then it was a pain. The bottom section of the shaft that has the bolt in the middle, I didn't see any directions for that. What did you all do?
As for performance, its not a effortless as I thought. But that being said, no matter what I was doing, it was the same, turning in 4 lock, climbing out a ditch where it wanted to turn before, it did exactly what I wanted with the same effort as light turning in 2 while moving.
Anyone piggy back the main power and ground off the winch block rather than going to the battery?

I ran 4ga winch cables so I could do just that.

Ems-Cam

Ems-Cam

Lifetime Member
May 22, 2016
Alberta
Ownership

1. 700-4
That's exactly what I figured to do, change out the cable and run both off one. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Tramguage1
M

motorman18

Apr 28, 2016
Laurel, MS
Anyone having problems with there power steering mine keeps wanting to turn to the left by its self

allgm1

allgm1

Lifetime Member
Mar 7, 2015
New Hampshire
No problems w/mine either, @motorman18 did you check the little error light to see if its having an issue?

Reactions: swsebek
SundayRdr

SundayRdr

Mar 1, 2016
McMinville Tn
Woo lookie what the brown truck left me!! I feel like I scored big time only spending $350 & NIB at that

Last edited:
Reactions: Tramguage1
Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Do you have it installed yet?????

advertisement
Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Do you have it installed yet?????

SundayRdr

SundayRdr

Mar 1, 2016
McMinville Tn
You had last night to install it!
Well I did finally get around to installing the EZ steer and you can really tell a big difference with the machine sitting still turning lock to lock. It's a one handed thing now. From start to finish it took me from 11-1, so 2 hour's. Now I can drive n not spill my beer or my Co-Pilot (wife) can actually drive , that means I'll need one in each hand with the cooler full to calm my nerves or to the "hell yea you can do it, hit it hard" stage!!!!! o_O Fathers day cooler needs to be broke in anyway.

20170630 204119

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I dont even remember when mine didnt have PS. I would not suggest anyone buy a Pioneer without it.

Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
$350 ????????

I'm seeing $550. Where can I sign up for $350?

SundayRdr

SundayRdr

Mar 1, 2016
McMinville Tn
Yesterday was the first ride out with the powersteering and OMG it's one of the greatest things yet. It is a must if you trail ride in places with tight turns, rough spots that 4 lock is needed. I was flat palming the steering wheel zigging & zagging around & through trees. My wife looked at me and said well isn't this just a Sunday drive for you now!!!!

Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
We rode in Arkansas this weekend. The turns were tight and I was fighting it hard. I grunted and pulled on the wheel as I uttered "I WILL have power steering". My wife says, "I thought you would have already got power steering".

I ordered it today.

Reactions: SundayRdr
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!