P700 New to me 700 here in TX

B

BubbaDale

Mar 7, 2016
Highland Village, Texas
Haven't had it out yet but by far the best is Red Rivier Motorcycle Trails. 2900 acres. Side by sides are the largest thing allowed...no jeeps, no dune buggies.

Trails area mix of wide gravel road, to a ton of semi plowed, just wide enough for a SXS, to single track. Non members can go when they are "open", members can go anytime with a reservation (they text you the gate code). If you don't have a RV, membership doesn't give ya much unless you can ride during the week, then its worth it. $125 a year. They also have a shower/bath house that only members use. They recently built two cabins that are nice, stick built, not modulars, that members can rent.

View attachment 14922 View attachment 14923 View attachment 14924 View attachment 14925
Thanks

V

vwprostock

Apr 15, 2016
Flower Mound, TX
That cracked me up when you told your son to stand up. Is that not the hardest thing to teach a new rider? Don't sit down!!!

Did you hear me laughing when he whiskey throttled it? I was amazed he hung onto it. This was day one after coming off a XR70 so quite the step up. He learned what "coming on the pipe" meant that day too. Tried to do a wheelie and timed it right (wrong) and the thing ran flat out from under him...lol.

Reactions: joeymt33 and Tflynn
V

vwprostock

Apr 15, 2016
Flower Mound, TX
First impressions after my first weekend out. Lots of slow stuff...put 40 ish miles on it. Had new Iridium plug and Bel Ray oil in the engine.

1- ran like a top, shifted perfectly
2- Seat heat- gonna be an issue here in TX, gonna need to insulate that dude.
3- Whoever told me to put a 2x4 on the floor for better ankle angle is a wizard...and I thank you...alot!
4- Thought I would miss a low range, but I did not. Amazed at how the thing will crawl
5- Was sandy/loamy/muddy and blown away at how far this thing will go in 2WD.
6- Chainsaw holder worked PERFECT!
7-Gonna probably add power steering but wasn't as big of a deal as I thought.
8- Very happy I have a short wheelbase. Lots of high centered Razors/Rangers out there.
9- Take forever to pressure wash! :)
10- Muffler sounds like its super restricitve, and I want to open it up, but keep it quiet....suggestions?
11- Mini ACR worked awesome. Had LED rockers switch/volt meter and watched it work...awesome piece!

Overall super geeked, happy as can be with this machine. Did all I expected and then some!

13165858 10156937548245252 8336767596683569232 n 13178032 10156937550785252 8852531898990345785 n 13239398 10156937546515252 1940342899310713304 n

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
First impressions after my first weekend out. Lots of slow stuff...put 40 ish miles on it. Had new Iridium plug and Bel Ray oil in the engine.

1- ran like a top, shifted perfectly
2- Seat heat- gonna be an issue here in TX, gonna need to insulate that dude.
3- Whoever told me to put a 2x4 on the floor for better ankle angle is a wizard...and I thank you...alot!
4- Thought I would miss a low range, but I did not. Amazed at how the thing will crawl
5- Was sandy/loamy/muddy and blown away at how far this thing will go in 2WD.
6- Chainsaw holder worked PERFECT!
7-Gonna probably add power steering but wasn't as big of a deal as I thought.
8- Very happy I have a short wheelbase. Lots of high centered Razors/Rangers out there.
9- Take forever to pressure wash! :)
10- Muffler sounds like its super restricitve, and I want to open it up, but keep it quiet....suggestions?
11- Mini ACR worked awesome. Had LED rockers switch/volt meter and watched it work...awesome piece!

Overall super geeked, happy as can be with this machine. Did all I expected and then some!

View attachment 15188 View attachment 15189 View attachment 15190
In response to your muffler question, the HMF Swamp series seems to be the preferred choice for a pipe that opens things up yet is still relatively quiet.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!