P1000 RECALL / STOP SALE: 2016 Honda Pioneer 1000, EPS, 1000-5, 1000-5 Deluxe Models

Werk

Werk

May 27, 2016
Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What is the area code?
What does it mean and how can I find it on my sxs?

Werk

Werk

May 27, 2016
Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
This is a stupid question I take it since I'm getting no response.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
What is the area code?
What does it mean and how can I find it on my sxs?
Sorry, I didnt see your message.
Area code is the Area it is built for. Ex. Canada, Kalofornia, USA, Australia.
I'll have a image in a few.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
H16SXS1000M5D3AC02

J

jvm

Sep 29, 2016
clermont florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
they have a bigger problem than mentioned. At idle speed and low rpm's the oil pump does not send enough fluid to the clutch. I am on my third clutch repair in 9 months. It has been in the shop 6 of the 9 months that I owned it. Told today that HONDA realizes there is a design flaw and they are trying to design another oild pressure pump. This has been a cluster. Someone screwed up big time with the tranmission/clutch design.

J

jvm

Sep 29, 2016
clermont florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
the honda pioneer 1000 has a huge problem. They have a faulty oil pump design for the tranmission/clutch assembly that does not pump enough oil at low rpm. The dealership verfied this today after I took it in for a slipping clutch. I have owned the utv for 10 months and it has been in the shop for 5 month of the 10. They told me Honda Headquarters said to keep replacing the clutches until they figure out what to do. If you own one i feel for you. send me a comment to my email which is [email protected] if you were offered something to make up for being without a $20,000.00 piece of equipment. Never have seen anything like this!

advertisement
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
the honda pioneer 1000 has a huge problem. They have a faulty oil pump design for the tranmission/clutch assembly that does not pump enough oil at low rpm. The dealership verfied this today after I took it in for a slipping clutch. I have owned the utv for 10 months and it has been in the shop for 5 month of the 10. They told me Honda Headquarters said to keep replacing the clutches until they figure out what to do. If you own one i feel for you. send me a comment to my email which is [email protected] if you were offered something to make up for being without a $20,000.00 piece of equipment. Never have seen anything like this!

Design flaw? What about the thousands of people with thousands of miles?

I've got a thousand miles of beating it with 30" tires. Not a single clutch slip yet. I don't see a design flaw at all. A design flaw would affect all vehicles. Maybe yours has a specific part failure or and assembly issue that the dealership hasn't found yet.

Maybe try taking it to a different dealer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: AKRider
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

@jvm Welcome to the forum, and sorry to hear of all your issues. My P1K had to have the clutch replaced once at about 200 miles and has been rock solid ever since and I have put about 1000 miles on since the repair. I have not experienced any kind of weakness or shuddering since the repair and have used the machine in tougher situations than when it went out. If you have went through 3 sets of clutch repairs in such a short time I have to ask how are you using it and are you using synthetic oil etc.

whayden2003

whayden2003

Mar 3, 2016
Slaughter,LA
400 miles on mine. Honda HP4 oil(like the manual says). Stock tires (like it was designed for). I use Low when I'm riding slow or with a load (like the manual says). No complaints. Can't use a spoon to dig ditches. I mean you can. But I gonna use a lot of spoons.

Matcnc

Matcnc

Sep 16, 2017
Southeast
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Oh my gosh! You guys are freaking me out. I just bought my P1000-3. Last thing I wanted to hear is all this about the clutch. I have 5 miles on mine. I'm not real sure if I want somebody breaking my tranny down at this point. I have until September 2020 what would you do????

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Oh my gosh! You guys are freaking me out. I just bought my P1000-3. Last thing I wanted to hear is all this about the clutch. I have 5 miles on mine. I'm not real sure if I want somebody breaking my tranny down at this point. I have until September 2020 what would you do????
First off, take a deep breath @Matcnc . People tend to freak when they read something like that. The percentage of clutch failures is still very small. The vast majority have been enjoying a well built sxs. The guys I ride with all have considerable mileage on theirs and we tend to play rough with them lol. Go to YouTube and check out our vids. Search for Delton Mims and Joeymt33. See how we ride and the terrain we ride on. Mine currently has little over 2970 miles on it with 30" tires, and bracket lift. They are great machines.

Reactions: Matcnc and pct
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5

I am having it fixed by a reputable dealer.

Reactions: Matcnc
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I burt mine out backing up a very, very steep hill very slow to haul firewood, I didn't know reverse is always in high range and rode slow trails in high range the first few trips out. The sales guys nor the guy that shows you how every thing works at the dealership gave me any information about reverse or high - low range selection. Thats pretty easy 33 mph and lower -Low, above 35 mph- High range and don't try to use it like a tractor in reverse. Your safe

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Don't be worried.
It's not the transmission. It's the clutch. That's a simple job some of these guys have done on the trail.

I recommend you ride it like you should. If you have problems with slip know there is a full fix available until 2020.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

Reactions: Matcnc and pct
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
The failures have been running around 15% so 85 out of 100 machines have been getting along fine, that being said. The 15 of 100 that did demonstrate issues usually did so early on many within first 200 miles or soon after being modified with lifts, larger tires over 28" and or ran in very severe conditions (peanut butter mud up to headlights, very Rocky and steep terrain in High range, etc)

Personally I would rather be safe than sorry, and would have the product update campaigns completed on both cabin comfort and clutch improvement when you need first service done.

As well I would get the water ingestion kit and deflector shield put in as well, then essentially your have the known upgrades that are on the 2018 models.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!