P1000 RECALL / STOP SALE: 2016 Honda Pioneer 1000, EPS, 1000-5, 1000-5 Deluxe Models

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
The failures have been running around 15% so 85 out of 100 machines have been getting along fine, that being said. The 15 of 100 that did demonstrate issues usually did so early on many within first 200 miles or soon after being modified with lifts, larger tires over 28" and or ran in very severe conditions (peanut butter mud up to headlights, very Rocky and steep terrain in High range, etc)

Personally I would rather be safe than sorry, and would have the product update campaigns completed on both cabin comfort and clutch improvement when you need first service done.

As well I would get the water ingestion kit and deflector shield put in as well, then essentially your have the known upgrades that are on the 2018 models.
I haven't heard about the clutch upgrade????

K

Kolton

Oct 15, 2016
Vance, al
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Oh my gosh! You guys are freaking me out. I just bought my P1000-3. Last thing I wanted to hear is all this about the clutch. I have 5 miles on mine. I'm not real sure if I want somebody breaking my tranny down at this point. I have until September 2020 what would you do????
I just went over 800 miles with mine, no issues yet. I don't baby it, but if I'm trail riding I leave it in low. Not because of the clutches but because I like the torque going up hills, and it feels better in low. I still plan on getting all the free upgrades when my dealer gets them in.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Wow.... don't trust halls or pinnacle I guess. That's quite the drive for service.

Hall's LIED a lot when I purchased my 700 there. Plus they dog Honda and push Popo. I walked in told them what I wanted, they constantly pushed a Ranger on me, even me telling them I had decided I didn't want one.

They ONLY use 10w-40 generic MA oil. Doesn't matter what machine calls for.

I finished final assembly on my 700 and found bits of red shop rag in my oil after the first change.

K

Kolton

Oct 15, 2016
Vance, al
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hall's LIED a lot when I purchased my 700 there. Plus they dog Honda and push Popo. I walked in told them what I wanted, they constantly pushed a Ranger on me, even me telling them I had decided I didn't want one.

They ONLY use 10w-40 generic MA oil. Doesn't matter what machine calls for.

I finished final assembly on my 700 and found bits of red shop rag in my oil after the first change.
Almost bought a camo 1000 there. They were actually pushing the Honda at that time. Or at least the guy I had was. The guys at pinnacle were discouraging me from a Polaris, especially the guys in the shop. They've been good to deal with so far.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Almost bought a camo 1000 there. They were actually pushing the Honda at that time. Or at least the guy I had was. The guys at pinnacle were discouraging me from a Polaris, especially the guys in the shop. They've been good to deal with so far.

Gotcha, they are 20mins from me. I don't know about now, but when I was buying my 1000, they were pushing the General on me and wanted MSRP on Honda machine and accessories, I drove 3hrs and saved almost $4500 on a 16' vs their price.

advertisement
K

Kolton

Oct 15, 2016
Vance, al
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Gotcha, they are 20mins from me. I don't know about now, but when I was buying my 1000, they were pushing the General on me and wanted MSRP on Honda machine and accessories, I drove 3hrs and saved almost $4500 on a 16' vs their price.
I understand, I bought a can am from Indiana once lol

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!