Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
17 but with [HASHTAG]#cumminspusher[/HASHTAG] owning it for a year that like 20x 10 yrs.
Bhahaha thanks! It’s held up just fine though it’s the toughest rig we ever had. Watch mud in radiator is all. Oh and the damn stickers blew off, but that’s ok because we’re really a Honda family anyways

Reactions: DG Rider and popeye
D

Deleted member 3748

Bhahaha thanks! It’s held up just fine though it’s the toughest rig we ever had. Watch mud in radiator is all. Oh and the damn stickers blew off, but that’s ok because we’re really a Honda family anyways
You have 0 Yamahas now?

Reactions: Plumber32
Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Is that a insult or a complement?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I figure not enough power to blow a belt.... and very tough system. I've owned a lot of belt units and only blown 1

Reactions: popeye
DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
After getting a better look at the X2...i dunno. I think i maybe would rather have the old one. Just very tight getting in for my fat ass (says the guy "getting in" a 500 at present). The engine is obviously a step forward for HP junkies, which i am not. The rest...maybe a step sideways?

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
After getting a better look at the X2...i dunno. I think i maybe would rather have the old one. Just very tight getting in for my fat ass (says the guy "getting in" a 500 at present). The engine is obviously a step forward for HP junkies, which i am not. The rest...maybe a step sideways?
I drove them both. The 700 was smother but louder. Same top speed. 700 was 4 grand cheaper.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I rolled up on one last weekend and was surprised at how big it was. Yet less leg room? I’d like the quieter running but that’s about it. I wouldn’t trade ours for the new one I’m plenty happy

D

Deleted member 3748

I rolled up on one last weekend and was surprised at how big it was. Yet less leg room? I’d like the quieter running but that’s about it. I wouldn’t trade ours for the new one I’m plenty happy
Is the X2 bigger than the OG? It's not that quiet, really. It's quieter than my 500 but she's still a screamer. The only cab heat is on my right foot where the coolant lines run through the tunnel. The power is fantastic, the suspension is great (probably less than your RSpec), and the comfort is incredible. The problem everyone complains about is getting into it. I hit my ass on the plastic latch mount for about a week then I got used to twisting around it. Someone is working on a different setup for that latch. In a few weeks I'm going on a ride with a lot of Polaris 1000s and we'll see how it does. I'm not concerned about it performing. :)

D

Deleted member 3748

It's a lot easier to get in and out of than the 500 was. And buckling the seatbelts!!!! It's a non issue.. I'm no longer getting raped by the seat belt when I get in. :D

Reactions: DG Rider
DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
It's a lot easier to get in and out of than the 500 was. And buckling the seatbelts!!!! It's a non issue.. I'm no longer getting raped by the seat belt when I get in. :D
Im sure as you mentioned above, its a technique issue that i would adapt to. But the cab is definitely tighter the the old one.

I think the new X2 is slightly narrower for sure, but it does look bigger from some angles. Its a very nice machine (as you well know). Love that grippy steering wheel...

Reactions: Deleted member 3748
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Is the X2 bigger than the OG? It's not that quiet, really. It's quieter than my 500 but she's still a screamer. The only cab heat is on my right foot where the coolant lines run through the tunnel. The power is fantastic, the suspension is great (probably less than your RSpec), and the comfort is incredible. The problem everyone complains about is getting into it. I hit my ass on the plastic latch mount for about a week then I got used to twisting around it. Someone is working on a different setup for that latch. In a few weeks I'm going on a ride with a lot of Polaris 1000s and we'll see how it does. I'm not concerned about it performing. :)
Don’t get me wrong I think it’s a good machine! Yes size seems much longer but I know they are a couple inches narrower. I haven’t drove x2 so can’t comment on that but we did drive the x4 and same chassis, and the x4 was quiet. Leg room up front was about same as p1000 but not near as spacious as rspec. Speed doesn’t bother me with either one bit as we aren’t dirt road racers and the suspension and comfort of this is perfect. Been really happy with ours I just wouldn’t trade it for anything. It’s been such a great machine.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!