Scoop

Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
I saw the freezing issues with people using the stinger and went with the one that is on post 6 is that thread, marine rated, so we shall see. Ice fishing is going to be a major use for the buggy, so hopefully it doesn’t become and issue.
Do you have a link to the relay you went with, @SH21 ?

EDIT: Found it. Duh. Cancelled the Stinger I had backordered and ordered this. Better for Michigan winters by the lake.

Last edited:
WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Do you have a link to the relay you went with, @SH21 ?

EDIT: Found it. Duh. Cancelled the Stinger I had backordered and ordered this. Better for Michigan winters by the lake.
Good choice

Reactions: Smitty335 and Scoop
SH21

SH21

Mar 18, 2021
NH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It's the good people on these forums that help educate me about what does and doesn't work with these Pioneers ... and I appreciate them for it.
X10. Not getting my machine for 6 months was a blessing and a curse. I had found this site when researching machines and I’ve been reading ever since the order was placed. Tons of great fixes and ideas, but damn did I spend some money. but I’ve always said, he who dies with the most toys wins.

WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It's the good people on these forums that help educate me about what does and doesn't work with these Pioneers ... and I appreciate them for it.
I agree with that

Reactions: Smitty335
WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Wow. I ordered that Cole Hersee isolator (the marine rated version) TUE @ 4:50PM via Amazon.

It was delivered via USPS a short time ago -- less than 42 hours after I placed the order.

I guess it pays to live less than an hour away from the seller. :)
Nice

SH21

SH21

Mar 18, 2021
NH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Got the vent line kit installed today. Put her to work over the weekend haulin sawmil scraps to the house for kindlin.
5FA0E445 DB45 410B 92F0 6F61DCF7DE16
1685EF4B 6652 4609 BC75 48A877694C7C

Think I need to dig into the 2wd/turf mode adjustment threads, rear diff doesn’t seems to be coming out of lock. Haven’t had the need for turf mode yet though, no pavement around.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Got the vent line kit installed today. Put her to work over the weekend haulin sawmil scraps to the house for kindlin.
View attachment 303416View attachment 303417

Think I need to dig into the 2wd/turf mode adjustment threads, rear diff doesn’t seems to be coming out of lock. Haven’t had the need for turf mode yet though, no pavement around.
Thats a nice lean too you have there! Looks good!

StewB

StewB

Jan 2, 2021
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
X10. Not getting my machine for 6 months was a blessing and a curse. I had found this site when researching machines and I’ve been reading ever since the order was placed. Tons of great fixes and ideas, but damn did I spend some money. but I’ve always said, he who dies with the most toys wins.
The toys always win, but it's a Hella good fun fight along the way.

advertisement

1Wildcat

Nov 13, 2021
Ky
Ownership

1. 1000-3
What's the best replacement tires,daughter in law wore mine plum out?

Reactions: Lady01
SH21

SH21

Mar 18, 2021
NH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Not much activity the last couple weeks, been battlin sickness and a sick kid, but back at it this weekend.

Got the Big sky gun rack installed prior to our extended family thanksgiving, which just happened to be at my wife's uncle's place on 300 acres. So the pioneer came with. Put another 10 miles on the just checking the place out while the wives conversed. Need to tie the cooler down next time, lots of shaken beers were put out of there misery. The gun rack did great though, rifle never moved during high speed gravel riding and rock garden bouncing (skid plate earned its keep). No deer were sighted though.

Got the PBR switch plate installed last night. Drilled the rivets out and used an oscillating cut off tool to cut out the panel. Installed the club store key on harness while I had the hole open, and used bolts, washers and nylon locknuts to secure the plate.

Hoping to get the dual battery setup installed this week and start on the fuse block/switches also.

Finally put her into sport mode while on the gravel roads throughout the property, and boy was that fun. Did notice the front end pushing goin into the corners, need to check the tire pressure since things are cooling down. The stock tires are getting 300 carbide screws for the winter/ice fishing, so another set of wheels and tires are in the plans for the spring which should help some. Currently trying to decide on fox QS3s or Elka shocks to accompany the new tires, leaning towards the Fox.

SH21

SH21

Mar 18, 2021
NH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So I need some wiring assistance.

I have the viper elite winch from the club store which comes with a handlebar switch. I also have the club store winch rocker switch that I'm going to use in place of the handlebar switch. The winch directions have black and green wires with disconnects that connect to the handlebar switch. When I cut the provided harness and wire in the rocker switch, where do the green and black wires get hooked to?

I've attached the winch rocker wiring diagram incase someone has run into this before. It seems the 7/8/9/10 terminals will be pos and neg from the fuse block for the lights, while 1/3 are outgoing and 2 is incoming. Just not sure what needs to be hooked to the 1/2/3 terminals.

Attachments

• Winch Rocker.pdf
    317.6 KB · Views: 109
Reactions: Smitty335
WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So I need some wiring assistance.

I have the viper elite winch from the club store which comes with a handlebar switch. I also have the club store winch rocker switch that I'm going to use in place of the handlebar switch. The winch directions have black and green wires with disconnects that connect to the handlebar switch. When I cut the provided harness and wire in the rocker switch, where do the green and black wires get hooked to?

I've attached the winch rocker wiring diagram incase someone has run into this before. It seems the 7/8/9/10 terminals will be pos and neg from the fuse block for the lights, while 1/3 are outgoing and 2 is incoming. Just not sure what needs to be hooked to the 1/2/3 terminals.
The green and black wires should be winch in and winch out. You will have to figure out which one is what. Number 1 and number 3 on your rocker switch should be winch in and winch out. Number 2 will be your 12 volt power coming from the power source.
You should be able to run a jumper wire from 2 to 8 and then 8 to 10. That will get power to your top and bottom lights. Then you can run a jumper wire from 7 to 9 for your grounds.
@Hondasxs can correct me if I'm wrong

Here's mine. Back left red wire is power coming in. Red jumper wire from that going to my upper and lower light. Gray wire is ground going to lower light with the white jumper going to upper light
20211018 193939

SH21

SH21

Mar 18, 2021
NH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The green and black wires should be winch in and winch out. You will have to figure out which one is what. Number 1 and number 3 on your rocker switch should be winch in and winch out. Number 2 will be your 12 volt power coming from the power source.
You should be able to run a jumper wire from 2 to 8 and then 8 to 10. That will get power to your top and bottom lights. Then you can run a jumper wire from 7 to 9 for your grounds.
@Hondasxs can correct me if I'm wrong

Here's mine. Back left red wire is power coming in. Red jumper wire from that going to my upper and lower light. Gray wire is ground going to lower light with the white jumper going to upper light
View attachment 305794

That's correct.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
Just what I needed. Thanks a bunch WagginTail and Hondasxs.

SH21

SH21

Mar 18, 2021
NH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well it was a good weekend for working on the pioneer. Finished up the dual batter install, everything went together fairly easily. The isolator blue light does stay on for a long time once the machine is off, but it does shut off. Also got the under dash storage and ThrottleMax installed over the last couple weeks. She is slowly taking shape.

Got my switches installed:

Key-on/Aux power
backup work light harness and auto back up lights
off road lights for the rough country 3" wide angle pods
dual voltmeter
dual USB charger

Still have the fan override to install as well as the winch and all its associated wiring. This will leave me with one open switch slot for now. Going to run what is currently on there to see if any mods or additions would make sense first, but thinking maybe functional rock lights (aka not just for show) or side lights. Time will tell.

Got the soft mid panel installed as well, and started reading through the soft upper door install instructions.

I'll try to get some pictures uploaded later tonight. I'm liking the RC lights so far, specially in combination with the headlights and/or high beam add-a-light, it really lights up the front corners. Having the combination is exactly what i was looking for, use certain lights depending on the need. Making 180 degree turn on my unlit road i was able to see my path because of the lights.

Hopefully this week/next weekend i can pick away at the soft upper doors, the winch, and the RAD customs shifter cover while its unseasonably warm. Then need to add some foam to "seal" up the cab a little.

SH21

SH21

Mar 18, 2021
NH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
New rough country 3” wide angle pods

16A0BBF4 06DF 4765 9FE5 8E6043307BD2
Rear lights, soft mid panel, then pbr switch plate
65D0AB4A D033 463E 9AB7 FA43031B198E

4B288584 C562 44A2 9D01 9AF91FC6D1C0

C9BFD85D 6289 41B4 AFA5 E72ED8B7C897