100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm just trying to find justification of spending an extra $3500 on an LE over a Deluxe. Is the extra cost worth it? There are only two available deluxe in red or yellow which I've stated elsewhere, are my two least favorite colors vs the charcoal grey of the LE model available. So, other than the color, are the skid plates, LED lights, Fox shocks etc..worth the added expense of $3500? I have also herd some not liking the I4WD
Thanks for your feedback.

100Acre

100Acre

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
After speaking with @Plumber32 and @CumminsPusher and @JTW , I think I may just buy the base model and build it up and still be under the cost of the LE. They only have a red one, but I can plastic-dip the hood for cheap...the base model is $4000 less than the LE.

J

JTW

After speaking with @Plumber32 and @CumminsPusher and @JTW , I think I may just buy the base model and build it up and still be under the cost of the LE. They only have a red one, but I can plastic-dip the hood for cheap...the base model is $4000 less than the LE.
How much is the deluxe?

sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Get the LE and be done. The guys you talked to dont even have one. Lol

100Acre

100Acre

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
base is $12,994

Deluxe is $13,994

LE is $16,994

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
It’s a big difference when paying out of pocket that is a big chunk of change off the bat. Not as big a deal with payments. One big positive for me is I just run in 4wd and if get stuck hit the emergency lever and back out. Nice for running by yourself.
I’m sure someone would have an le skid plate cheap probably factory wheels. Shocks put them on if you really need. Headlights either spend 150 or simply go hid.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Or buy the 16' silver plastics....

dnjones161

dnjones161

May 30, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I think the only thing that on the LE that you cant hang on the base/deluxe is the I-4wd right?

The plastics are a preference thing- they are just gonna get scratched up anyhow...run ~325 aftermarket I believe.

I like the deluxe wheels, tires will need to be replaced, but if you arent in love with the wheels than you can throw that out.

The only other thing you get with the Deluxe vs the Base is headlights. I like the way they look, but a lot of guys seem to put 10 light bars all over so at that point its really just if you like the look....

these were my thoughts when I went with the Deluxe...it was a much closer price gap (~400) at the time though.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
@Plumber32 did mention the the LE axels are different than the Deluxe and base
How many LE axels have broken? I don't want to sound condescending, but I don't think you have the mechanical skills to build a bike, come stay with me for a month and I'll help you build it. I believe the LE would be perfect for you, they are great bikes out of the box and a great bang for the buck, don't they come with a winch?

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
How many LE axels have broken? I don't want to sound condescending, but I don't think you have the mechanical skills to build a bike, come stay with me for a month and I'll help you build it. I believe the LE would be perfect for you, they are great bikes out of the box and a great bang for the buck, don't they come with a winch?
Are the LE axles bigger/stronger?

H

HondaTech

I've stated my opinion on here before about what i would buy were i to get a P1K.

My thoughts on the matter:

The base model has 12 inch wheels, which severely limits your tire choice. But the first thing anyone buys anymore is a set of wheels, and I would want a headlock regardless so this isnt. A factor for me.

The body panels on the side are just going to get scratched and tore to hell so why not just have bare doors? If you wanted a different color later you could convert the doors to Deluxe covered doors like Honda use to offer my drilling and using mudclipa to affix the panels.

LED headlights can be added later for $400, but everybody and their mother has a light bar or several on their utv. So again not a big one for me.

I-4wd, I think it's a neat feature, but I cant see getting an LE just for that feature.

The front bumper can be purchased separately, but there's better options. Just let the stock one beat some crap up first then pick up a different one. The aluminum skid plates are a no go for me, gonna get beat to hell and never fit right again. Plastic full coverage (trail armor, etc) would be my choice.

If the LE came with a factory roof and winch, which I would trade for the dumb bumper and skid plates then I'd jump for it. But as it sits, no way. The best part of it is the lighted dash switches.

There are better options then the Fox shocks, they are worlds better than a base/deluxe but still ain't Elkas or W.E.

Dirtstiffs-1000

Dirtstiffs-1000

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Nov 3, 2018
Republican from the wet side of Oregonifornia
hondasxs.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
. The LE package includes I-4WD, Fox QS-3 shocks, hill-start assist, electronic brake-force distribution, Matte Gray Metallic-painted bodywork, an aluminum skid plate and A-arm guards, red springs and A-arms, under-dash storage, additional cup holders, and illuminated switches.
I figured adding some of these items evened out the cost difference a bit between the deluxe.
Buddy has a nice deluxe, lacking nothing.

Last edited:
Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
13,000 base
Led light bulbs $30
Fox shocks 1399.00
Trail armor $700.00
+2129.00 options
$15,129. 00
Add Honda roof and super ATV windshield maybe rear mid panel. Perfect setup.

Last edited:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!