GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Our secret is ruint. The wife thought I was an idiot for cutting on the new machine. Now that she has seen it she is showing everyone. She now thinks it is a good idea. Lol.
Yeah this is the first mod ibe done that my wife was concerned with lol. She was like...you jist cut a huge hole in the door..now what? But now that its done shes better.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Ben following this thread for a while now. Starting mine this week. Now I feel like I’m bring up the rear with the back doors now an option to! Did I just say that? Lmfao!!!
Got most of my stuff but the push pins. There on there way. Thanks @GlockMeister ”Glocky” for that idea. Found some good water tight bags too. I’ll post them after I get them and try them out! For F’s sake, ben wanting to get rid of that making me go to chiropractor storage box in the back of this thing for a long time! This is BA.

Last edited:
CTDpower

CTDpower

Jul 21, 2016
Gypsum, Colorado
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I don't have one of those fancy deluxe models... Just a base model for this guy. But I was thinking about trying to use something similar to this for my doors...

Screenshot 20180604 234711

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I don't have one of those fancy deluxe models... Just a base model for this guy. But I was thinking about trying to use something similar to this for my doors...

View attachment 77823

The door panels are fairly cheap. Maybe look into adding some panels?

O2bsmitty

O2bsmitty

Mar 29, 2018
Illinois
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

View attachment 77823
You could do what I did and seal it with a lock or latch. Pop river some flat trim on inside so it would make a tighter seal.
IMG 1397
IMG 1401

Reactions: Ragnar406
Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Anyone else get a message from Tansky about paying customs taxes on there latches? Apparently the person that sent me the email does not speak English. Not real sure on what they are trying to tell me what I need to do.

Reactions: JTW and BWAF
advertisement
O2bsmitty

O2bsmitty

Mar 29, 2018
Illinois
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Anyone else get a message from Tansky about paying customs taxes on there latches? Apparently the person that sent me the email does not speak English. Not real sure on what they are trying to tell me what I need to do.
Yes. I did too. I've never heard of this.

Reactions: BWAF
Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Standard fare when importing stuff from China. 99% of your purchases under $100 go under the radar of the customs officials. Occasionally one will have a bad day and charge you tax on the declared value of the items. Would usually require you going to your local post office and paying the tax, not a big deal. Most of the time, it is too much of a headache for very little return.

When I was in Canada, they would charge tax and duty on any and everything being imported via mail. Back then it was 15% taxes plus a brokerage charge. I don't miss that at all.

O2bsmitty

O2bsmitty

Mar 29, 2018
Illinois
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Standard fare when importing stuff from China. 99% of your purchases under $100 go under the radar of the customs officials. Occasionally one will have a bad day and charge you tax on the declared value of the items. Would usually require you going to your local post office and paying the tax, not a big deal. Most of the time, it is too much of a headache for very little return.

When I was in Canada, they would charge tax and duty on any and everything being imported via mail. Back then it was 15% taxes plus a brokerage charge. I don't miss that at all.
I would of thought that all would of been in the shipping cost.

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I would of thought that all would of been in the shipping cost.
The shipping cost only covers shipping.
It will say in fine print that you are responsible for all customs and duty charges.
I wouldn't worry at all. I bought 6 sets of latches, the declared value in the email was $5. I will gladly pay my local tax on $5 if they really want me to.

One of the only websites that I have found so far is Amazon.de and Amazon.co.uk that include the brokerage fee while checking out. Some stuff is dirt cheap there compared to here. Especially if you are not in a great hurry for it.

O2bsmitty

O2bsmitty

Mar 29, 2018
Illinois
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
The shipping cost only covers shipping.
It will say in fine print that you are responsible for all customs and duty charges.
I wouldn't worry at all. I bought 6 sets of latches, the declared value in the email was $5. I will gladly pay my local tax on $5 if they really want me to.

One of the only websites that I have found so far is Amazon.de and Amazon.co.uk that include the brokerage fee while checking out. Some stuff is dirt cheap there compared to here. Especially if you are not in a great hurry for it.
Taxes won't be a big deal. I'm just anxious to get them and put them on. Dont want them delayed. Don't like the looks of the temporary bolts I have now. I'm kinda OCD on stuff like that. Lol. My estimated value was 25$ for 12 of them.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
When I seen the shipping, I checked amazon and found tons of them. Calculated to about the same price.

BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Any taxes they want they better get UP FRONT. You can bet I will not being sending an later on ..... lol

GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I got the same email...i payed nothing extra.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!