P1000m5 1000-5 Rear Door Inside Storage Modification

O2bsmitty

O2bsmitty

Mar 29, 2018
Illinois
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
If the plastic wears out a small set of hinges could be used. Also a 3/4" or 1" flat aluminum could be added inside the opening for a tighter seal and more secure lock. I won't be going to that extreme. But a person could. After doing this if Big H would take this idea and make doors for this application wonders could be done.

Jstark45xd

Jstark45xd

May 19, 2018
Gabbs, nv
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ok fellas. First one done. Had a little trouble with alignment and still not perfect but close enough to get latched. Did something a little different to what I believe will help seal. I cut partially (not all the way thru) with cut off wheel which heated the plastic and folded it to make a hinge on bottom of cut out. If It doesn't break in time it should be easier to seal from dust. Also if this works and you want to lock it a simple cheap cam lock will work on it.

View attachment 77567 View attachment 77568 View attachment 77569 View attachment 77570 View attachment 77571
That is a great idea and should help cut down on dust like you said! Thank you!

Reactions: BWAF
GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Went to town this morning looking for something to plug the remaining bolt holes. Didnt find anything to my liking so i made my own
Had a bunch of these layin around
20180602 155904
Put throught the panel and put a 5/16 washer on the backside. Then i cut off the excess so it wouldnt hit inside the door.
Lastly i took an old flatblade screw driver and heated it with a torch and melted the remaining push clip to make it solid.
20180602 155849
Final product...im happy with the outcome. I also added another latch to the top for a total of 3.
20180602 155836

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Went to town this morning looking for something to plug the remaining bolt holes. Didnt find anything to my liking so i made my own
View attachment 77605
Put throught the panel and put a 5/16 washer on the backside. Then i cut off the excess so it wouldnt hit inside the door.
Lastly i took an old flatblade screw driver and heated it with a torch and melted the remaining push clip to make it solid.
View attachment 77606
Final product...im happy with the outcome. I also added another latch to the top for a total of 3.
View attachment 77607
Sweet my man! Just what I was thinking of doing. Glad you tried it first :D

BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
View attachment 77605
View attachment 77606
View attachment 77607
Very clean nice job

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

Reactions: GlockMeister
J

JTW

View attachment 77605
View attachment 77606
View attachment 77607
Looks great!!

advertisement
O2bsmitty

O2bsmitty

Mar 29, 2018
Illinois
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Now Im
View attachment 77605
View attachment 77606
View attachment 77607
looks nice. Can't wait till I get my latches. I was thinking 3 latches also.

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
On the driver side I put two synthetic ropes. One is a 50’ winch line replacement and the other is a 75’ recovery rope.

View attachment 77695
If the area is big enough I may make one of these rear areas a designated First Aid kit area. May put red buttons to release and a first aid cross on the panel itself. - need to get doing some cutting.

O2bsmitty

O2bsmitty

Mar 29, 2018
Illinois
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
If the area is big enough I may make one of these rear areas a designated First Aid kit area. May put red buttons to release and a first aid cross on the panel itself. - need to get doing some cutting.
Ok maybe I do need more storage. I do like this idea.

Reactions: JTW and BWAF
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!