ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That’s their fault! Not mine!

This time! Most every other time Im just stealing...I mean keeping up with your ideas.

Bahahahahaha...these are cheap compared to the stuff yall made me buy, lifts,a-arms,beadlocks,30in tires..i could go on but i won't lol

You know you "NEEDED" all of that....

J

JTW

Gotta give credit where it’s due. @JTW told me about these a couple weeks back. Just now got them. Glock still gets credit for the first install and great video. That’s what made me want to hurry up and receive them.

View attachment 77548

View attachment 77549

They were more expensive on eBay. $15 for 4 of them and shipping.

I’m just glad we’re finding a solution that works well. I’m going to give it a try with all six and see how f***ed up I can get it. My panels are fubar anyway so no big deal if I have to order a couple replacements. I’ve got some stainless piano hinge laying around somewhere if all else fails.

Has anyone had any good ideas for the gasket or weather stripping around the hole?

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’m just glad we’re finding a solution that works well. I’m going to give it a try with all six and see how f***ed up I can get it. My panels are fubar anyway so no big deal if I have to order a couple replacements. I’ve got some stainless piano hinge laying around somewhere if all else fails.

Has anyone had any good ideas for the gasket or weather stripping around the hole?

Too bad Big H can’t redesign a door and make a weather tight storage. I’d pay for new doors. If it was done in-house and not by whatever 3rd party they’ve got doing most of the accessories.

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5

I ordered 12 and plan on trying the door without the hinge first or I may do one with a hinge for more frequently accessed objects and one without for objects less frequently accessed.

I have bought this weather striping to try.. Shop M-D 0.36-in x 17-ft Black EPDM Rubber Window Weatherstrip at Lowes.com

advertisement
nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
O2bsmitty

O2bsmitty

Mar 29, 2018
Illinois
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
IMG 1389
I ordered 12 and plan on trying the door without the hinge first or I may do one with a hinge for more frequently accessed objects and one without for objects less frequently accessed.

I have bought this weather striping to try.. Shop M-D 0.36-in x 17-ft Black EPDM Rubber Window Weatherstrip at Lowes.com
I found this it automotive door and window weather stripping. Thoughts? Of course if doors leak anyway a weather proof bag wood be best.

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
View attachment 77558
I found this it automotive door and window weather stripping. Thoughts? Of course if doors leak anyway a weather proof bag wood be best.
I like, I want to try and find something that will go around the edge of the cutout -to help with the seal and to smooth out the cut. I still plan on using a dry bag I am trying the seal mainly to try and stop as much dust as possible going in the hole

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Let’s get together so both of us don’t ruin our doors. Only one of us. Haha. Who goes first?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have all my suff, just been waiting on a good time to do. Well the buttons will be here Monday tracking says.

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
OK guys I'm in for 12 fasteners, there on there way. I will also try the no hinge route first.
Now what size dry bags would you guys suggest? Not a normal camping item for here in South Texas!

Reactions: BWAF
GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
J

JTW

OK guys I'm in for 12 fasteners, there on there way. I will also try the no hinge route first.
Now what size dry bags would you guys suggest? Not a normal camping item for here in South Texas!
Cheap amazon bags

Reactions: BWAF
O2bsmitty

O2bsmitty

Mar 29, 2018
Illinois
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Ok fellas. First one done. Had a little trouble with alignment and still not perfect but close enough to get latched. Did something a little different to what I believe will help seal. I cut partially (not all the way thru) with cut off wheel which heated the plastic and folded it to make a hinge on bottom of cut out. If It doesn't break in time it should be easier to seal from dust. Also if this works and you want to lock it a simple cheap cam lock will work on it.

IMG 1397 IMG 1398 IMG 1399 IMG 1400 IMG 1401

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!