BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Only on the passenger side. The holes were off from the factory. Took a little bit to get it where i was happy. Driver side took about 5 min.
Didn't see it on website what's thread

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

Reactions: O2bsmitty
GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've looked twice .Maybe I'm blind but are m6 ,1/4-20, 3/8-16 What ?

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk
Screenshot 20180531 220556

Reactions: Ragnar406 and BWAF
advertisement
BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Finally got my button latches in and got time to install. Pretty happy with the outcome. Gotta find something to plug the remaining holes though. Heres a quick video

Link to latches
http://www.tanskyshop.com/25mm Universal Aluminum Quick Latch Push Button Billet Hood Pins Lock Clip For VW Golf TK-DP016M-25
Now THAT is slicker than snot!!

J

JTW

Only on the passenger side. The holes were off from the factory. Took a little bit to get it where i was happy. Driver side took about 5 min.
Sweet... Did you have to take off extra material from the back side of the panel hole taper? Or was drilling the 3/4 hole suffecient? I couldn’t tell if I’d have to remove a little extra to get the latch nut threaded.

Reactions: BWAF and Ragnar406
GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Sweet... Did you have to take off extra material from the back side of the panel hole taper? Or was drilling the 3/4 hole suffecient? I couldn’t tell if I’d have to remove a little extra to get the latch nut threaded.
I just used my pocke knife to cut our enough for it to fit. These are 25mm were yours are 31 i believe..so thes will fit down in there a little farther.
Did these slowboat from China too?
Yep..2 bucks a piece..i paid extra for express shipping..i spent 28 on shipping and 20 on latches lol. But i found these exact same ones on amazon for 12.80 a piece..so still worh it

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Finally got my button latches in and got time to install. Pretty happy with the outcome. Gotta find something to plug the remaining holes though. Heres a quick video

Link to latches
http://www.tanskyshop.com/25mm Universal Aluminum Quick Latch Push Button Billet Hood Pins Lock Clip For VW Golf TK-DP016M-25
That's awesome! Just add a couple more latches to fill the top holes. I don't think anyone will have any idea that compartment is there.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!