Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I really like this mod but would worry about items disappearing without some type of lock:(

So who’s going to be the first to add a lock so I can copy ito_O

BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I really like this mod but would worry about items disappearing without some type of lock:(

In my case, it would be easy to steal in current location ..... just an unlocked box strapped down in the bed.

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
In my case, it would be easy to steal in current location ..... just an unlocked box strapped down in the bed.
Yeah I hear you, but you know there is just something about having the peace of mind in knowing your gear will be where you left it when you exit your pit stop;)

BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yeah I hear you, but you know there is just something about having the peace of mind in knowing your gear will be where you left it when you exit your pit stop;)
Just a thought .......... it probably would have to be a 'fellow club member', since they are probably the only ones that would recognize the hidden cavity..... lol

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just a thought .......... it probably would have to be a 'fellow club member', since they are probably the only ones that would recognize the hidden cavity..... lol

Yep people don’t even notice it’s there I opened it up to get a tree strap and my neighbor whose been looking at a 1000-5 to replace his Ranger 570 said pretty much that.

Black the hinge out and I doubt anyone would notice it. Especially if they are actively looking for something out in the open to steal.

Nothing I have mounted is EASY to grab and run. It’s all Loc-Tite’d and secure just so it doesn’t fall off. Might get whatever is in glove box, fire extinguishers, and my soft shackle everything else is gonna take a few mins and tools.

Only time mine is left unattended is at the Takeover and that’d be an incredible disappointment if stuff went missing then.

J

JTW

For the guys that don’t want to drill into your plastics for the piano hinge you could simply buy the threaded bolts that @JTW has above and just set the panel to the side each time you were looking for something inside the door panel. I don’t think it would be that inconvenient. I have the camo plastics and if I do this mod I won’t be putting a hinge on those expensive panels.
My thinking is to replace all the panel bolts with these quick latches and then either set the panel to the side or snap one of the upper latches on the lower ball and let the panel hang.

Reactions: BWAF
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I assume the added weight in the doors cause the 'dumping assist cylinders' to become ineffective, requiring manual lifting of the bed?

Only time mine was up was to clean and service the machine, but if it could assist in lifting a full bed.

How would we get it closed?

O2bsmitty

O2bsmitty

Mar 29, 2018
Illinois
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
what about a water proof seal or flap or something to help keep water out? Or a drain hole in bottom.

Reactions: BWAF and Ragnar406
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
what about a water proof seal or flap or something to help keep water out? Or a drain hole in bottom.

I bought some auto weather seal that I plan on running around the outside of the hole - hoping this will put another barrier to help keep out the dust/water.

I had pretty much given up on keeping water out before I cut the holes in the doors. When riding in the creeks my doors would fill up with water and still weigh about 20 pounds even after I got home. I drilled drain holes in my doors along time ago because apparently water can get in somewhere else.

You would be better off putting things in there that won’t get hurt by water or putting them in a dry storage bag.

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I had pretty much given up on keeping water out before I cut the holes in the doors. When riding in the creeks my doors would fill up with water and still weigh about 20 pounds even after I got home. I drilled drain holes in my doors along time ago because apparently water can get in somewhere else.

You would be better off putting things in there that won’t get hurt by water or putting them in a dry storage bag.
That is my plan- to put element friendly items or in dry sack in the space... the weather seal is more a futile attempt at dust control.

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Should be able to use a keyed cam latch in the middle of the panel to latch into the hole. I would reinforce the door location with some sheet metal though. A good tug could easily bend the plastic out of the way.

Capture1

BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Should be able to use a keyed cam latch in the middle of the panel to latch into the hole. I would reinforce the door location with some sheet metal though. A good tug could easily bend the plastic out of the way.

View attachment 77318
I wondered if you could just use something like this with the bars one on each side to latch it and lock too Aeb487af805608debd3a23ceaca4fd01

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

Reactions: sharp

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!