GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I found these first and they are a better fit but i figured 16 bucks was better than 230.
Screenshot 20180530 194802

O2bsmitty

O2bsmitty

Mar 29, 2018
Illinois
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
As far as a lock. I would like to use one of the factory locations but am not having any luck finding something small enough. The hood pins would be great but would have to remove factory threaded part and modify a bracket to mount it to to get it to set in far enough, they are around 3" long, which is very doable but the face buttons are about 2" in Dia. Also. there are hidden style magnetic locks also but they are going to require bracing and latch modification so as far as keeping it simple I see a pc of aluminum angle pop riveted to inside of door with a slot for a keyed cam lock being the cleanest and simplest. I am still searching for the perfect solution. The other thing is we are dealing with plastic so the lock is to keep honest people honest. If someone wants to get into it they will.

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
As far as a lock. I would like to use one of the factory locations but am not having any luck finding something small enough. The hood pins would be great but would have to remove factory threaded part and modify a bracket to mount it to to get it to set in far enough, they are around 3" long, which is very doable but the face buttons are about 2" in Dia. Also. there are hidden style magnetic locks also but they are going to require bracing and latch modification so as far as keeping it simple I see a pc of aluminum angle pop riveted to inside of door with a slot for a keyed cam lock being the cleanest and simplest. I am still searching for the perfect solution. The other thing is we are dealing with plastic so the lock is to keep honest people honest. If someone wants to get into it they will.

If someone was super concerned they could always put back the original screws - very doubtful anyone would figure out the storage or take the time to unscrew. A person could even make one side easy access and the other with original screws for those items they worry more about walking

My plan (until the buzzer goes off) is to not store frequently used items in the doors the best I can.

advertisement
Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
It’s better to have a lock and not need it than to need it and not have it! I would love to hear from the club on estimates value of item stored in this new modo_O when I do it my tow rope alone is almost $100, snatch blocks, clevis(s), tool kits, medical kits, tree savers, straps, tire repair kits, air compressor, gloves, extra winch cable... and on and on and on!

So let’s hear value of stored items;)

GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Last edited:
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Finally got my button latches in and got time to install. Pretty happy with the outcome. Gotta find something to plug the remaining holes though. Heres a quick video

Very nice! That’s a lot better than the thumbscrews that I use

BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Finally got my button latches in and got time to install. Pretty happy with the outcome. Gotta find something to plug the remaining holes though. Heres a quick video

Link to latches
http://www.tanskyshop.com/25mm Universal Aluminum Quick Latch Push Button Billet Hood Pins Lock Clip For VW Golf TK-DP016M-25
That is bad ass .Link didn't work for me

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

Reactions: O2bsmitty
GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That is bad ass .Link didn't work for me

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk
Thanks...hit continue and then scroll down..youll see them. I dont know why it does that. Ill see if i can fix it.

Reactions: sharp and BWAF
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!