HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
This was so easy, thanks to all of you who did the trial and error!

IMG 20190517 130747
IMG 20190517 131458

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
I was thinking... couldn't you cut out the center panel (where the Pioneer sticker is on a base) and maybe epoxy some steel tabs on the inside that hang down so that some Neodymium magnets could stick to them? Epoxy the magnets to the cut out panel piece and then put a thumbscrew/tab on the panel someplace to pull it off. You'd obviously have a small gap from cutting out the panel, but I don't think it would be that noticeable.

Reactions: 100Acre and BWAF
Micah_Deshotel

Micah_Deshotel

May 30, 2019
Egan, Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X LV
Hey guys, I'm new here. Just got my 1000-5 deluxe last week. First thing I did is look at mods for the Heat Shielding issues.

I already ordered door latches, dry bags and RB3 bushings for this setup. I was kind of disappointed in the amount of storage, but I needed the 2 back seats (disabled daughter). So glad I noticed this post, give me a week or 2 and I'll try to add some pics.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Hey guys, I'm new here. Just got my 1000-5 deluxe last week. First thing I did is look at mods for the Heat Shielding issues.

I already ordered door latches, dry bags and RB3 bushings for this setup. I was kind of disappointed in the amount of storage, but I needed the 2 back seats (disabled daughter). So glad I noticed this post, give me a week or 2 and I'll try to add some pics.
Welcome and great to hear your getting your daughter out and about! Do the fan under the seat for heat. Only way to fly! Done all the other stuff, got to cool the headers down. We are neighboring States, keep your eye on the regnal forums ( South West ) for some rides in south/central Arkansas, and come ride. We do a lot of eating! HA!

Reactions: BWAF
Micah_Deshotel

Micah_Deshotel

May 30, 2019
Egan, Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X LV
Welcome and great to hear your getting your daughter out and about! Do the fan under the seat for heat. Only way to fly! Done all the other stuff, got to cool the headers down. We are neighboring States, keep your eye on the regnal forums ( South West ) for some rides in south/central Arkansas, and come ride. We do a lot of eating! HA!

I already ordered 2 of the 4" bilge fans, Header Titanium Wrap, and Plenty of the bubble wrap.

I love Arkansas trails. We will be heading back to Mena over the 4th with a group of friends From SWLA

advertisement
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I already ordered 2 of the 4" bilge fans, Header Titanium Wrap, and Plenty of the bubble wrap.

I love Arkansas trails. We will be heading back to Mena over the 4th with a group of friends From SWLA
Be safe!

Chevy412SP

Chevy412SP

Aug 30, 2018
Western New York
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Welcome to the forum, look forward to the pictures. Awesome to hear ya getting your daughter out

Reactions: BWAF and Smitty335
esvolcom08

esvolcom08

May 2, 2019
STL
I finished my panels and took pics and added some tutorial notes. It turned out really nice and I’m happy with it.

I forgot to mention one thing so far in the pics. You have to either drill out the plastic on the back of the top three holes or cut the new threaded ball ends to length. I drilled them out and used the nut that came with them on the backside.

Parts list of what I used are in the description of the how to video, it’s just a slideshow. I didn’t know how to make an album and share it publicly with relative ease. Hope this helps some of you.

Thanks to everyone who did the trial and error. I read through this entire post a lot. Lol.

Dd1f141470aace7da6314486cc1b926e

7f7320b1f3f682fd263f061f4bb16968

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I finished my panels and took pics and added some tutorial notes. It turned out really nice and I’m happy with it.

I forgot to mention one thing so far in the pics. You have to either drill out the plastic on the back of the top three holes or cut the new threaded ball ends to length. I drilled them out and used the nut that came with them on the backside.

Parts list of what I used are in the description of the how to video, it’s just a slideshow. I didn’t know how to make an album and share it publicly with relative ease. Hope this helps some of you.

Thanks to everyone who did the trial and error. I read through this entire post a lot. Lol.

View attachment 138197

View attachment 138198

I’m glad it worked out for you. It’s such a rewarding modification and something these vehicles should have come with.

One thing I would say that’s a little bit different is instead of drilling out the plastic behind the metal inserts would be to put the stud in a drill and run it in and let it punch through the plastic and the plastic will get threaded and adds some tension to help retain the studs from self adjusting in or out. I guess you could use some blue Loctite as well but the way I did mine was I first tried pushing the stud through and it punched through rather easily.

Remington

Remington

PFife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
He can't, he bought a base..
I know... he’ll have to do like @Plumber32 did and add the panels.
That’s what I did. Somewhere on these pages is how I had to do it. Mine was a base model and I bought panels and the plugs to install them later that year. So there isn’t the metal brackets to screw the pins to. It takes a little kanutinvalve type engineering with a Langston 7” gangly wrench to do it but it works.
Post [HASHTAG]#291[/HASHTAG] page 15

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
View attachment 92221 View attachment 92222 View attachment 92223 I finally got to this mod. Had the chit sitting on my bench a while. Still need to tidy up a few things. I have the push pins on the top and henge on the bottom. My panels were put on later so I had to drill my own holes with rubber jack nuts for fastening. Well that made thing a bit of a whore to install the push pins but I made them work. First I used a step bit to counter sink the plastic and installed the nut backwards so that the flange of the nut sunk flush to the plastic setting the ball as close as possible. I also used some red locktight on the threads for that nut. In the inside to tighten the ball bolt, I used a flat washer then a lock washer then had to use a vise grip to hold the outer nut flange to get it (old German word) “good N tight” they will not back out.
Question, those of you with the hinge, what did y’all use to fill/decorate the three holes on the bottom ?
View attachment 92221 View attachment 92222 View attachment 92223 I finally got to this mod. Had the chit sitting on my bench a while. Still need to tidy up a few things. I have the push pins on the top and henge on the bottom. My panels were put on later so I had to drill my own holes with rubber jack nuts for fastening. Well that made thing a bit of a whore to install the push pins but I made them work. First I used a step bit to counter sink the plastic and installed the nut backwards so that the flange of the nut sunk flush to the plastic setting the ball as close as possible. I also used some red locktight on the threads for that nut. In the inside to tighten the ball bolt, I used a flat washer then a lock washer then had to use a vise grip to hold the outer nut flange to get it (old German word) “good N tight” they will not back out.
Question, those of you with the hinge, what did y’all use to fill/decorate the three holes on the bottom ?
Where did you buy the green panels? Every where I look they dont have the green. I'm assuming cause they dont make a green deluxe. I found the front and rear doors, and 2 small rear panels for $300 on ebay. You can get all 8 panels for that if it was red or white from a few places. I only want the 4 rear panels.

Reactions: Remington and BWAF
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Where did you buy the green panels? Every where I look they dont have the green. I'm assuming cause they dont make a green deluxe. I found the front and rear doors, and 2 small rear panels for $300 on ebay. You can get all 8 panels for that if it was red or white from a few places. I only want the 4 rear panels.
I got them on eBay only to find out they were coming from a shop in GranRapids near me go figure. Anyway, they were 300$ for all 4 back ones and front doors with hardware. I couldn’t find them anywhere neither at the time. That was in 16’

Reactions: TripleB and BWAF
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
@TripleB I think some of the reason the green is hard to find panels is that I’ve never seen a deluxe in my green. If they did it was for a very short time and very few.

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
@TripleB I think some of the reason the green is hard to find panels is that I’ve never seen a deluxe in my green. If they did it was for a very short time and very few.
That's what I figured. Every parts diagram I looked at for the green was a non-deluxe and it wouldn't have a part # for the rear panel, just the door itself. I got push pin latches in the mail yesterday. I will just have to order the panels from ebay for $300. I really want that added storage. Thanks for the response.

Reactions: BWAF and Remington
advertisement