P1000 1000-5 wont start

Lilchic

Lilchic

Jul 20, 2019
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It was running fine when my son come home and parked it. But haven't managed to get it to start since. Checked gas lines , gas tank, etc for water. Checked battery and connectors. Any ideas what else I should look at

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
It was running fine when my son come home and parked it. But haven't managed to get it to start since. Checked gas lines , gas tank, etc for water. Checked battery and connectors. Any ideas what else I should look at
What year?

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Hi. Welcome to the club.

Display showes it is in park?
Any flashing lights on dash?
Has it been in water?
Sure gas is good?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Reactions: VaHillbilly
Lilchic

Lilchic

Jul 20, 2019
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hi. Welcome to the club.

Display showes it is in park?
Any flashing lights on dash?
Has it been in water?
Sure gas is good?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Yes it shows it's in park. No flashing lights.
I'm not sure if my son took it through water....very possible. I emptied tank of all gas and put new gas.

Lilchic

Lilchic

Jul 20, 2019
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yes it shows it's in park. No flashing lights.
I'm not sure if my son took it through water....very possible. I emptied tank of all gas and put new gas.

Correction. There is a yellow light on left side of dash that's lit up. It looks like a steering wheel with an "!" in the center of it.

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Correction. There is a yellow light on left side of dash that's lit up. It looks like a steering wheel with an "!" in the center of it.
That is your power steering light. If I recall, it doesn't go away until the engine is running.

Can you be more specific on it won't start?
Does it crank? Does it try to fire off but then stumbles and dies?
How handy are you turning wrenches?
Get the battery on a charger/tender asap. Continued cranking will only kill the battery.

advertisement
Lilchic

Lilchic

Jul 20, 2019
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That is your power steering light. If I recall, it doesn't go away until the engine is running.

Can you be more specific on it won't start?
Does it crank? Does it try to fire off but then stumbles and dies?
How handy are you turning wrenches?
Get the battery on a charger/tender asap. Continued cranking will only kill the battery.
Battery is hot but I am about to install a new one tomorrow just to be safe. It'll start only with help from starting fluid or carb cleaner or butane but runs only long enough for that to burn off. I'm thinking something to do with injectors.
Do you know what the fuel pressure should be?
And yes I'm an experienced wrench Turner unfortunately.

Lilchic

Lilchic

Jul 20, 2019
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Battery is hot but I am about to install a new one tomorrow just to be safe. It'll start only with help from starting fluid or carb cleaner or butane but runs only long enough for that to burn off. I'm thinking something to do with injectors.
Do you know what the fuel pressure should be?
And yes I'm an experienced wrench Turner unfortunately.
Ive also cleaned fuel filter and changed the fuel pump. I'm thinking maybe I have the wrong pump because it would start before the change just wouldn't stay running.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Ive also cleaned fuel filter and changed the fuel pump. I'm thinking maybe I have the wrong pump because it would start before the change just wouldn't stay running.
First WELCOME! What year P1-5? A lot of the 16-17's had bad injector harnesses. The store here has a replacement and a thread about that.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!