P1000 1000 stereo and lights

P

PoolGuy444

Dec 11, 2013
I really like the jbl. I don't have much to compare it to. But I had the same setup on my 700. Only thing I didn't like then was it didn't display time. The 1000 has a clock so no more worries. About the mounting brackets. I think I just searched Amazon for 1 3/4" roll bar clamps and there were some that are identical to Hondas. If I remember right they were around 10 bucks each. They fit tight but they do fit.

P

PoolGuy444

Dec 11, 2013
Oh and I didn't relocate the sticker. I stuck it to the wall in my shop. It has an aluminum backing but I still bent it all up taking it off. It may be illegal, but not sure who would actually enforce that.

Reactions: pct
dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
Oh and I didn't relocate the sticker. I stuck it to the wall in my shop. It has an aluminum backing but I still bent it all up taking it off. It may be illegal, but not sure who would actually enforce that.
well if the HEAT comes down on u please let us know!! sorry can't help myself just joking around :p

TractorMan

TractorMan

May 19, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Looks great. I was wondering how everyone is making the letters on their shifters white. Did yours come like that or did you do that yourself? If you did then I would like to know how. I would like to do that to mine. It is hard to see the black on black in my machine. Thanks

A

AK_Centurion

Feb 12, 2016
Eagle River, AK
Looks great. I was wondering how everyone is making the letters on their shifters white. Did yours come like that or did you do that yourself? If you did then I would like to know how. I would like to do that to mine. It is hard to see the black on black in my machine. Thanks
White paint pen is what I used.

TractorMan

TractorMan

May 19, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-3
White paint pen is what I used.
Is there any special paint to use or preparation to do in order to get the paint to adhere to the plastic? Usually if you paint plastic the paint will rub off rather easy. I know there are certain ways to make the paint adhere better because I have heard others mention it. Guess I will have to look into it deeper now because I would like to do that.

A

AK_Centurion

Feb 12, 2016
Eagle River, AK
I didn't do anything special other that a wipe down with alcohol. Used a UNI paint brand pen. Starting to show wear though. Might want to scuff up the lettering first, 400 grit sandpaper?

TractorMan

TractorMan

May 19, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Good idea thanks. I will do some digging to see if I can find the best way to do it. I really like the looks of yours.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Is there any special paint to use or preparation to do in order to get the paint to adhere to the plastic? Usually if you paint plastic the paint will rub off rather easy. I know there are certain ways to make the paint adhere better because I have heard others mention it. Guess I will have to look into it deeper now because I would like to do that.
Go to an automotive paint supply company and ask for adhesion promoter. Heat the area up very well with a blow dryer (to release the plastic mold agent that stays inside the plastic) to around 160-180 (touchable but hot) degrees for about 10 minutes wipe with alcohol only on letters to make sure it doesn't chemical burn the surrounding area and apply while still hot. Apply promoter. Try to use a two part paint like a urethane (nail polish will work pretty good as well and easier)immediately following. Plastic sucks I've dealt with it for years. That is the best you can get.

Reactions: Cal and pct
TractorMan

TractorMan

May 19, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Go to an automotive paint supply company and ask for adhesion promoter. Heat the area up very well with a blow dryer (to release the plastic mold agent that stays inside the plastic) to around 160-180 (touchable but hot) degrees for about 10 minutes wipe with alcohol only on letters to make sure it doesn't chemical burn the surrounding area and apply while still hot. Apply promoter. Try to use a two part paint like a urethane (nail polish will work pretty good as well and easier)immediately following. Plastic sucks I've dealt with it for years. That is the best you can get.
Thank You for the info.

advertisement
D

dillonhart

Jun 10, 2016
shreveport, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So I am new to the side by side world. Just purchased a 1000-5 deluxe.

I am wanting to start wiring lights and put a switch panel in. Is it possible to just peel the warning label up and get started?

thanks

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5

I am wanting to start wiring lights and put a switch panel in. Is it possible to just peel the warning label up and get started?

thanks
Oh yes anything is possible! Congratulations!

Reactions: sharp
sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5

thanks
The warning label is a thin metal find a smell drill bit that will fit inside the rivet hole drill into it then pop it right off!

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!