1000r width trailer fitment

B

Brazula4life

Jan 19, 2021
Florida
Ownership

1. Talon R
Can I jack up the sxs and strap the suspension from left to right to make the car narrower to fit in a enclosed trailer ? I need to make the car about 3-4 inches narrower. I want to add some rough country 1.5 spacers but the car barrely fits in the trailer as is.

Reactions: ChadD
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I need to make the car about 3-4 inches narrower.
Shorter yes but narrower?
might want to put shorter arms in it? Im being a smart ass with that comment. But seriously, Ive never seen a sxs get narrower unless you put some very narrow tires and wheels on it, might gain u a inch or maybe 2? thats alot of cabbage to spend to gain very little. upgrading to a trailer that will house your machine better might be a better option

HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
OP, you might be able to bend wheels and/or suspension arms a little but it would cost more to repair than simply buying the trailer you need.

Bite the bullet and admit you own the wrong trailer. It happens.

WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Here ya go

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
My track definitely draws inward when I jack up my R but I have no idea how you'd maintain that as you drove it into the trailer.

B

Brazula4life

Jan 19, 2021
Florida
Ownership

1. Talon R
Great idea, I have seen some people do that, my concern on doing that is that I have to load it on a toyhauler so its very steep going up, even if I made the wood bigger to clear the ground clearance for the ramp, I dont think I would have enough traction to climb the ramp.

Reactions: ChadD and Remington
WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Great idea, I have seen some people do that, my concern on doing that is that I have to load it on a toyhauler so its very steep going up, even if I made the wood bigger to clear the ground clearance for the ramp, I dont think I would have enough traction to climb the ramp.
Do you have a winch point on the TH?

WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Not really but trailer does have airtracks on the floor.I wonder if I can find a spare rim that fits. Like the donut spare tires
I'm not sure what airtracks are. Maybe someone else would know about the donut rim too. I always thought the wooden wheel guy should make some out of aluminum. Maybe you could go that route? Just an aluminum disc. I'd trust that more than wood

advertisement
Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Not really but trailer does have airtracks on the floor.I wonder if I can find a spare rim that fits. Like the donut spare tires
Years ago when I was looking for automotive rims to fit, I found only one vehicle that share the bolt pattern. It was 1 year only, and low production. I was trying to find 14" steel wheels and had zero luck at the time.

Are you currently on factory rims and tires? Can you find some with a different offset?

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Like the donut spare tires
Great idea but like @Neohio said finding one with the right bolt pattern will b tuff.
What size tires and spacers you running that it won't fit?

Reactions: ChadD and Rick53
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Stock setup. 1.5spacers. Does fit but its way to tight
Like how tight? As in rubbing real bad or just close?
my P1K5 and my X2 both with 30’s and 1-1/2“ spacers and 2” on the x2 are real tight, like 5-6” each side or less In my TH. Inclosed trailers are always super tight with our SXS’s especially with mods like spacers and wheels, your just hauling it Not staying inside when your transporting it I hope lol. You made it sound like it would fit at all as like the trailer builder screwed up! 😂 Unless were missing something?
Got any pics of what your talking about?

B

Brazula4life

Jan 19, 2021
Florida
Ownership

1. Talon R
Like how tight? As in rubbing real bad or just close?
my P1K5 and my X2 both with 30’s and 1-1/2“ spacers and 2” on the x2 are real tight, like 5-6” each side or less In my TH. Inclosed trailers are always super tight with our SXS’s especially with mods like spacers and wheels, your just hauling it Not staying inside when your transporting it I hope lol. You made it sound like it would fit at all as like the trailer builder screwed up! 😂 Unless were missing something?
Got any pics of what your talking about?

• Haha
Reactions: Remington
B

Brazula4life

Jan 19, 2021
Florida
Ownership

1. Talon R
You need a skinny set of transport wheels to load and unload, then change to your riding set.
Take notice, I didn’t say it wouldn’t be a PITA.
where can I find those?

WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Fits but I want to add spacers. And the 3 extra inches that would gain is all I had to play with.
Would it be just as easy to take the spacers on and off as it would be to swap tires and wheels every time you load it? Sounds like it does fit now without the spacers

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!