NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Would it be just as easy to take the spacers on and off as it would be to swap tires and wheels every time you load it? Sounds like it does fit now without the spacers
Spacers mount between the rim and the hub. You’d have to pull the wheels to pull the spacers.

Reactions: ChadD and Remington
NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Here ya go

That is one of my favorite threads on the forum. We had a lot of fun hijacking that one with nonsense

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Would it be just as easy to take the spacers on and off as it would be to swap tires and wheels every time you load it? Sounds like it does fit now without the spacers
If its that tight, thats what i would do. Just get me a cordless impact to take withe me and bingo

WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Spacers mount between the rim and the hub. You’d have to pull the wheels to pull the spacers.
Correct. Someone suggested transport wheels and tires. So if the machine fits now with no spacers he could just remove the spacers to load it in the toy hauler. And just have the one set of tires and wheels. Or am I missing something? I don't have a talon or a toy hauler and it was a long day at work...🤷‍♂️

• Haha
Reactions: JenElio
NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
where can I find those?
A local metal shop could make you a set of discs that would work. Wrap them with bike inner tube if you need some extra traction. Honestly the wooden wheel deal would work too just make them out of 2x lumber or two sets of 1x lumber 90 degree offset to each other. It won’t be pretty or elegant but it’ll get the job done for you.

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Correct. Someone suggested transport wheels and tires. So if the machine fits now with no spacers he could just remove the spacers to load it in the toy hauler. And just have the one set of tires and wheels. Or am I missing something? I don't have a talon or a toy hauler and it was a long day at work...🤷‍♂️
Spacers on and off is more likely to lose one mid-trail. It’s usually recommended to locktite the spacers on because of that happening to people. I’m sure you could get away with it though.

Reactions: ChadD and JenElio
WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Spacers on and off is more likely to lose one mid-trail. It’s usually recommended to locktite the spacers on because of that happening to people. I’m sure you could get away with it though.
Yea that makes sense

WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Never had issues with spacers on my Rincon. No locktite

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Can I jack up the sxs and strap the suspension from left to right to make the car narrower to fit in a enclosed trailer ? I need to make the car about 3-4 inches narrower. I want to add some rough country 1.5 spacers but the car barrely fits in the trailer as is.
Alright so first.......what part of FL you in?

Second...... I'd go to a Junk yard and get 4 doughnuts (the car type not the Homer simpson type) and drill out the needed bolt pattern. It might not end up dead on balanced but it would work more then well for what you need. That, or the wooden wheel way is actually possible just add some bicycle tires to the edge for traction.... 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: WagginTail
advertisement
WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
A local metal shop could make you a set of discs that would work. Wrap them with bike inner tube if you need some extra traction. Honestly the wooden wheel deal would work too just make them out of 2x lumber or two sets of 1x lumber 90 degree offset to each other. It won’t be pretty or elegant but it’ll get the job done for you.
I would do the metal discs. Might could put some rubber on the ramp for traction

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Yea that makes sense

Never had issues with spacers on my Rincon. No locktite
Ohhh it happens!!! 😂😂😂

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I might have forgot to tighten caliper bolts on my wife's 4 runner one time. Luckily she was making a turn only going about 10 mph when one came out. Stuff happens
I might have lost a lug nut on our Sienna once. Apparently counting all the way to five wasn’t my strong suit that day.

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Can I jack up the sxs and strap the suspension from left to right to make the car narrower to fit in a enclosed trailer ? I need to make the car about 3-4 inches narrower. I want to add some rough country 1.5 spacers but the car barrely fits in the trailer as is.
Ya know, this may very well work. Home Depot has 2" ratchet straps for <$9 each. There should be somewhere at both ends to run the strap in a loop, side to side. Jack it up, run/tighten strap, remove jack, short test drive for proof of concept.

WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ya know, this may very well work. Home Depot has 2" ratchet straps for <$9 each. There should be somewhere at both ends to run the strap in a loop, side to side. Jack it up, run/tighten strap, remove jack, short test drive for proof of concept.
I am curious to know if this would work

Reactions: ChadD
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!