1000X-4 Door Removal

Jon M

Jon M

Aug 29, 2021
Phoenix AZ
Ownership

1. Talon X4
I do mostly low speed crawling (3-10mph) and frequently get in and out of the car to spot others or recon an obstacle. This involves a lot of opening and closing of the doors. I am considering removing the doors for quick and easy access in and out of the car.

Has anyone else done this?
How simple is the door removal process?
Are the door structurally important to the integrity of the frame?
I figure it wouldn't hurt to ask before I start taking stuff off; and if I dont like it, I can always put them back on.

Last edited:
Vondy

Vondy

Lifetime Member
Mar 10, 2015
Houston,OH
Ownership

1. Talon X4
I've never seen one on the trail without doors but they are not structurally important and come off easy.

Jon M

Jon M

Aug 29, 2021
Phoenix AZ
Ownership

1. Talon X4
I've never seen one on the trail without doors but they are not structurally important and come off easy.
Can you point me to any instructions? Videos?
I've tried the all knowing google and youtube with no luck....

Reactions: CID
F

Fyathyrio

Sep 24, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
2 door just requires pulling pins on black cover over top post, then undoing whatever bolts underneath, then lift door up off lower pin. I bet the 4 door is basically the same. Look up the door parts on Rockymountain.com parts list and see the pics of how little is involved.

Oh, may wanna remove the little twist-off bumper, too, it'll likely vibrate off without the door to hold it.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!