P1000 11:1 Hess pistons timing or not ?

DennyChapman

DennyChapman

Sep 7, 2021
Statesboro Ga.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just installed the 11:1 Hess pistons in my p1000. I also have the HMF XL exhaust that will be in any day now. I also have the reduction boss IGR that will be in end of month. I already have the COPS tune installed. My question is, do i need to adjust the timing because of the higher compression, because stock is 10:1 and it seems id have to add 3-5 degrees of timing. ? So I can’t get intouch with ANYONE at cops ( COMPLETE OFF-ROAD POWERSPORTS) To help me out on this.
i talked to a HMF tech and he says the exhaust will definitively need tuned due to the higher compression, any advice or direction would be great. Thanks

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just installed the 11:1 Hess pistons in my p1000. I also have the HMF XL exhaust that will be in any day now. I also have the reduction boss IGR that will be in end of month. I already have the COPS tune installed. My question is, do i need to adjust the timing because of the higher compression, because stock is 10:1 and it seems id have to add 3-5 degrees of timing. ? So I can’t get intouch with ANYONE at cops ( COMPLETE OFF-ROAD POWERSPORTS) To help me out on this.
i talked to a HMF tech and he says the exhaust will definitively need tuned due to the higher compression, any advice or direction would be great. Thanks
🤔Strange…I’ve heard so many stories about their customer service

wyldeman

wyldeman

Jul 23, 2022
Fort Wayne, IN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
When did you obtain the tune from COPS? Was it when they were using Dynojet or was it after they burned that bridge and switched to the Alien[something] unit? Whether you do or don't have the PV-3 Dynojet unit... I would highly recommend Scott at Florida Cracker Performance.

Just a suggestion, I've had my experience with Zachary. Paid him $1,300 and 6months of a run around until he just started ignoring my calls/texts. May want to leave well enough alone

Last edited:
wyldeman

wyldeman

Jul 23, 2022
Fort Wayne, IN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I got the tune last year when it was still Dino jet. I have the pv3
Scott does a great job. Not sure how intensive your modifications are, but he can get you taken care of pretty quickly and provide immediate delivery of the tunes you are looking for. In fact, he has some of the same category options as COPS did, (Trail, Mud, Sand, etc.). He may ask you to send your existing to tailor it or suggest a complete new build...

[email protected]

www.floridacrackerperformance.com

(I found a phone number somewhere but can't place it. But using the online chat option on his web page works well too)

Good luck!

snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Generally the same or less timing when going up on compression. You should run leaner when in open loop. Unless someone has tuned with those same parts and has a tune, you would be best having it custom tuned on a dyno. Should be about a 3-5% change in fuel needed.

DennyChapman

DennyChapman

Sep 7, 2021
Statesboro Ga.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Should I use the cops tune when on the dyno and being tuned ? Or should I set it back to factory

Reactions: Smitty335

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!