P700m2 12V Accessory Fuse

Gwishy

Gwishy

Oct 9, 2013
Peru, NY
Ownership

1. 700-2
So I recently installed a Superwinch Terra 45, front 21" LED bar, and rear 8" LED bar along with the associated switch plate on my Pioneer. To light the LED switches and relay for my winch I spliced into the 12V accessory plug for ignition power using a T-Tap connector. Upon initial install everything worked fine, LED switches were illuminated and the winch functioned, note I had not pushed the rocker switches into my switch plate securely.

Yesterday I pushed the rocker switches into the panel to secure them and now all of a sudden I'm blowing the 10A fuse for my accessory plug. Going to try and eliminate the issue by accessory once I go out and get some 10A fuses. I just wanted to throw this up on the forum to see if there were any similar issues out there...

Thanks

K

kswaterfowler

Oct 18, 2015
Kansas
Ownership

1. 700-4
MIne are spliced into the ignition wire. When Turn the key the rocker lights come on. Also I have a fuse box with power ran to the battery for my extras. I bought a relay at Napa that energizes when I turn on the key and allows power to the fuse box.

Reactions: Cuoutdoors
Gwishy

Gwishy

Oct 9, 2013
Peru, NY
Ownership

1. 700-2
MIne are spliced into the ignition wire. When Turn the key the rocker lights come on. Also I have a fuse box with power ran to the battery for my extras. I bought a relay at Napa that energizes when I turn on the key and allows power to the fuse box.

So you installed an additional fuse panel for your accessories, assuming LED bars, winch, radio, etc and so on..... Sounds like I'm lazy, all mine go directly to the battery but they are all fused and relayed...

K

kswaterfowler

Oct 18, 2015
Kansas
Ownership

1. 700-4
8991967A 7A1B 4EC4 855C 817FC38E98E8
THere is more than one way to skin a cat. I just did what some members here suggested

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Kswaterfowler is right. On Amazon You can get a small fuse panel with about 6 different fuse circuits on it. Then go to the auto parts store and get a continuous duty solenoid to power it from the battery. Trip solenoid with ignition wire from key. Your way will work but as you add more stuff you will find you have lots and lots of wires and in line fuses this keeps it a little cleaner and 1 ignition wire powers up the whole deal.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Superfan75
G

Grayday

Jan 5, 2020
Tucson
Ownership

1. 1000-5

I just did this on my 1000-5. A previous mod had connected a horn and turn signals to the switched ignition power at a 4-pin connector just above the battery. I removed inline fuses for the horn and turn signals and routed them to a new "accessory fuse" panel I installed. I used the switched ignition wire to energize a relay that powers the added on "accessory" fuse block - main power is from the single battery via an inline 30A fuse. I bought an ABS cup holder for the center panel (warning placard) area and mounted the switches there. The accessory fuse panel powers rear LED lights, Front 12" LED light bar, whip light, voltmeter, horn, turn signals and a USB charge outlet. I am thinking of adding a second battery when I install a winch and may put a control switch in for the accessory fuse panel (powered from the second battery) instead of having it on the ignition - saw the notes here about having the ignition on running the fuel pump and hour-meter. Some pics attached.

20200105 160154 resized 20200105 160326 resized

M

mpilihp

Aug 13, 2021
Maine
Ownership

1. 700-4
Hello so I am installing a 6 fuse/circuit block similiar to what is shown in these pics.

I am curious if people know what size crimp on connectors they used. What size crimp on ring connector is need for the FEED wire connector and for the fused screw connection points? IE M# #4, M4 #8, M5 #10?

Looking to order a bunch of the ones I will need and not just order a kit with hundreds with many different sizes but may not have enough of the size I need.

Thank You

Phil

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!