P1000 12vdc power inverter

K

Kyle

Jun 11, 2015
Has anyone used a 12vdc to 110vac inverter. I want to plug it into the cigarette lighter to charge a ion tailgater radio. It would only be charging when machine is on. I don't want to ruin anything or catch the darn thing on fire so figured I would ask around a little bit before attempting to try it. I'll post picture of the one I am looking to use. Here is link to amazon

Foval 150W Car Power Inverter DC 12V to 110V AC Converter with 3.1A Dual USB Charger Amazon.com: Foval 150W Car Power Inverter DC 12V to 110V AC Converter with 3.1A Dual USB Charger: Car Electronics

IMG 0352

ghost

ghost

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2015
BC
That'll work. I use a 300w but never pull that much when it's plugged into the lighter.
The 15 amp lighter can drive 180W.

I'm going to install mine under the hood and put a couple outlets in the dash.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!