BOX1

P1000 1st Ride Impressions and Questions

T

Tmorg

Jul 11, 2021
Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well had my first good ride today on the new machine(got it yesterday). I love this thing!!! Yea, it's a little loud and a little hot, but that's what side by side's are about(especially in north Florida)!.

I have the heat shield(installing today) and have flip windshield on order. I think the heat shield along with the fan will help the heat. I did not think it was too bad again, I'm use t o the heat on these type of machines in Florida. Overall that machine preformed great. Love the power and the ride.
The one think I need you all's help with is the sounds that it makes. So first off the trailer, I drove it about 100 yards and parked it to talk the the neighbor. When I went to start it and driver off, it made a loud pop like the gears were bound up. Kind of scared me as it was quite loud. Drove fine the rest of the day. The only think I notice, is a slight ticking when it shifts gear at low speed(kind of like to old manual shift 4 wheelers). Is this normal on these machines?? Never had a automatic transmission before, so not familiar with all of the sounds yet. It also seems to shifts alot and fast. Is this normal on these machines. Any feed back you could give would be great!!!!

Thank you so much for you help!!!!

Remington

Remington

Sheriff Chief POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
The loud noise when u shifted it off the trailer is normal. Theres no parking break on these things so at times being transported especially on-a hill you will get that shifting from park to R or D. The ticking sound is the gears disengaging from gear to gear as you decelerate. Thats what i think.
without being it when it does it, hard to say exactly.

T

Tmorg

Jul 11, 2021
Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The loud noise when u shifted it off the trailer is normal. Theres no parking break on these things so at times being transported especially on-a hill you will get that shifting from park to R or D. The ticking sound is the gears disengaging from gear to gear as you decelerate. Thats what i think.
without being it when it does it, hard to say exactly.

Yea that's what I was thinking. Man I tell you I'm surprised the engine breaking this thing has. Drvoe it a bit this afternoon in sport mode and wow! This thing will snatch your neck when you slow down.

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The "fast shifting" is probably due to the way the "DCT" (dual clutch transmission) works. It doesn't drop rpm all that much between gears, as would a regular single clutch manual tranny. What it's doing is while it's going from one gear to the next, one clutch is disengaging while the other is engaging the next gear. Thus there's less "power lapse" (for lack of a better word) between gears. If you look on youtube, there's better explanations than what I'm giving - still, it's very cool technology.

P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I don't think the loud pop he heard should be overlooked, it doesn't sound like they were bound on an incline like Remington's referring to.

I would check the adjustment of your rear diff, using the both wheels off the ground method, hand turning the wheels to check for proper engagement / disengagement.

I've seen several reports of the rear diff being out of adjustment from the factory, and the service manual method of adjustment (aligning to stamped marks) is inadequate.

I'll link to the adjustment video in the next post, gotta go find it

P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Read down about my tip regarding a half-turn of the wheel as well, get that diff nicely dialed in and I think you'll solve that problem.

T

Tmorg

Jul 11, 2021
Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Read down about my tip regarding a half-turn of the wheel as well, get that diff nicely dialed in and I think you'll solve that problem.
What a great video!! Will be checking this tonight. Thanks for the help and I'll let you know how it goes!

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Read all the comments on the video, but couldn't find your comment regarding half-turn?

T

Tmorg

Jul 11, 2021
Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So here is where I am in park/2wd. As you can see it looks like my rear diff lock cable needs quite a bit of adjustment. It does shift into 2wd/turf mode with problems like this. So this may be why I have the popping issues. Your thoughts??

20210726 165353

T

Tmorg

Jul 11, 2021
Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Looks like this is where I'm going to land with the adjustments. Seems like it's going to work out. I'll keep an eye on it and see how it goes. Thanks for all you help and everyone's comments! You guys are the best!

20210726 171841

T

Tmorg

Jul 11, 2021
Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So just did my first 100 mile service today. Went ahead and changed both the diff and engine/dct oil. Put the purple stuff in the diff and Honda full synthetic in the motor. Can't believe how much quieter it is now. It's still a Honda, but it really did get better!! Loving this thing!!

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!